Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Explorer intake on an sn95

Old 03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
2wheels > 4 wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explorer intake on an sn95

Sorry for the newb questions Ill be having but this is the first sn95 Ive owned..I just bought an explorer intake and was wondering if there was anything I needed to know @ the swap....

I have ben told that I need an elbow ? Buy coolant,change oil/filter (do I need to I just did last week),possibly change hoses......Is there an order to tighten bolts and torque specs ? How long am I looking at for the install ? Will the Strut tower brace still fit ?

I appreciate the info guys..

Last edited by o1yellowGT; 03-18-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:44 PM

change oil yes the colant in the intake will get in the motor when u remove the intake. elbow u will need. the bolts look in a hynes manual at advance while u r there to get a idea on how to tighten them down u start in the center and work ur way out in a criss cross pattern. strut tower brace will fit as long as u dont run a spacer between the upper and lower. intake swap should take about two hours depends on how complete the old intake is. if u have to change over all ur sensors. also u need to see if u have the act sensor in the number 5 port on the lower intake if u dont sell the intake to me becasue sn95 will not run with out it in that spot and most year explorers didnt come with them.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 AM

where are you located?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 PM

edit u could also have it machined or but just a lower off ebay with the number five port tapped for the sensor