Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

pics of blowdown, pins, finished bottle & controller

Old 02-11-2007, 04:51 PM
track rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of blowdown, pins, finished bottle & controller

That and how about some nighttime gauges pics!!

The ones I took with the rocker switches all lit for "CC ARM" "IC PUMP" "NOS HEAT" "NOS ARM" were still screwed up? I give up, you can get a good idea with these pics and eventually you will see them all along with my LM-1, air duct shift light and center purge in movies I make from the car this coming season..

The trunk is finished, I had to run down a couple of the fasteners I bagged up & then promptly lost, but I found everything and after a good vacuming, it will be ready for the track in April!

More trunk/Battery Box/Bottle plumbing shots.. Everything is threaded up thru grommeted holes and the Ol' money pit has quite a few holes in it now!

No store bought solution for the rear seat delete. A piece of cardboard became the jig, then a circular saw and a few hacks later the carpet from Lou at Laurel Mt. Mustang sent me perfectly matched the OEM carpets that were re-installed minus the sound insulation. I kinda like the looks of the rolled Aluminum firewall, no way I was covering that up!

The hood pins were adjusted with welded nuts to the exact perfect height so considerable force has to be pressed close to the pins so they can slide out. You might think they are WAY too tight if you didn't realize how flexible the fiberglass hood is! I didn't attch the plastic covered retension wires, they are more for keeping you from loosing the pins, than a safety measure and the OEM latch assembly has removed to save weight.

I no longer thread the lead for the LM-1 up thru the shifter boot, it now has it's own grommeted hole into the passenger foot well area. A custom mount for the LM-1 is in the planning! Also pictured is the connection for the SCT old school Raptor datalogger. On the street I will have my custom Flame etched fire extinquisher, but unless it is permently attached as part of a fire retardant system, it is not NHRA legal, so I will pull it out for race days.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

bad ass!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
NEEDS A COUPE

Please tell me thats not an 03/04 cobra????? If its not then hellova job, if it is then good job

Old 02-11-2007, 05:15 PM
The sig nazi's bitch...

looking great!!

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, 6M, Brembos, nav and HIDs
Flowmaster catbacks, K&N drop in, for now!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Redneck Yatchclub member

Very nice!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
BillionClub Member BISHES

Looks very nice!! Great job
Old 02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
track rat

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG
Please tell me thats not an 03/04 cobra????? If its not then hellova job, if it is then good job
why, your not supposed to cut up a terminator?

I know some people cringe, but I want a track terminator and there is no compromise if you want to do it right. There are plently more left out there that guys are afraid of switching pullies on that you can buy used when the wife tells them to sell it.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:37 AM
NEEDS A COUPE

Hey whatever its your money, i just wish i was ballin' enough to buy a 03/04 cobra let alone make it as sick as that one. It a hellova car i'd love to see it run sometime, you gonna be at BMP anytime soon????

Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
track rat

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG
Hey whatever its your money, i just wish i was ballin' enough to buy a 03/04 cobra let alone make it as sick as that one. It a hellova car i'd love to see it run sometime, you gonna be at BMP anytime soon????
Yeah I do very much want to come to Florida next winter, but it may have to wait until I get a better hauling truck, my current 4X4 has a quarter million miles on it. Don't get confused that I was born to money or inherited a pile because I didn't. I am nearly 50 and have been eating peanutbutter samiches for 20 years so I can now own a couple nice cars and one real nasty one.

yeah Florida is a go, I have relatives I can stay with, just need a new turbo diesel to take the drama out of it.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

Nice car man What's it run?