Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

boost vs time

Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Not quite 1337.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost vs time

I'm working on a side project and I need to get a hold of some technical information to move forward. I'd like to know if anyone has a graph that shows their boost climb over the duration of a race (from a dig). I don't need a graph for myself, I need the actual information. I'd prefer if the graph was from an actual track run but if all I can get is one from a dyno run it would still be a tremendous help. If you have one and you're willing to supply the information (research purposes only, privacy of information will be maintained) please let me know the type of engine used, the type of forced induction used, and whether the graph is from a track pass or a dyno pull. Appreciate it.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Do It In The Dirt

I'm not sure why you're collecting the data, but data from a turbo vehicle probably won't be relevant. With multiple stage boost controllers, a turbo's boost curve will be misleading since its being manipulated. Also, once a turbo comes up on boost, it usually stays at that level (regulated by the wastegate) on an automatic car. On a stick car, driving style will dictate what the boost does down the track.

My Rail Buggy
Old 01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Not quite 1337.

I'm collecting the data to determine whether or not a particular product is of much use on forced induction applications. I understand most of the intricacies in the three prominent types of superchargers as well as various types of turbo staging, but in lacking first-hand experience I cannot accurately think through the break-down of what happens over such a small amount of time. Any information regarding the boost curve of any forced induction vehicle over time is relevant, regardless of manipulation. However any relevant information pertaining to that manipulation would be an added help.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:27 PM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

call up any manufacturer and request the information. Im sure if you told somone what the product is or does u could get more insight. U might even find a test mule of 10 since there are several boosted rides in this section of the forum. Then you could collect REAL data run to run instead of data that you will apply a theory to.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
NEEDS A COUPE

Christ you guys sound like some fucking scientist's or something

Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

GO shoot a drug runner
Old 01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Not quite 1337.

*sigh* I apologize that my being vague has caused so much confusion. I have an idea for an invention, one that would inhance forced induction performance. The data will determine if the product is even worth creating.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:48 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I have an idea....buy a cheap ass turbo car and mod that bitch and who cares if she blows up!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:47 AM
NEEDS A COUPE

Originally Posted by Badlatitude
GO shoot a drug runner
I would if i could but we dont get any around here just cuban migrants

Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 AM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Well dude. Have your lawer draft up a contract for the protection of your product and concept. Get togather with some boosted folks. There are carb blow thru guys here , turbo EFI guys here , im sure more then a couple turbo diesel trucks also.