Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Need some feedback regarding 4cyl swap

Old 12-10-2006, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some feedback regarding 4cyl swap

I am looking to build another fox and have a few questions. I know alot of people have done the 4cyl to v8 swap but is it really worth all the work? Here is what I know needs swapped what am I missing.
engine/tranny
rear end
suspension

Do the brakes need to be swapped? Fuel lines? Dash Harness? What other nickle/dime things will have to be changed to make a nice daily driver??

Another question, what is all involved with changing from an aod to a t-5? Obviously you need the tranny, what about driveshaft,crossmember? What else would be needed to accomplish this? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 AM
h9

it is worth doing it if the car is really good shape.you need the engine harness and computer.the dash harness will be fine as long as you match the harness for the year car.airbag cars need airbag harness from what i was told.my v8 swap was 89 car with no airbag.get the fuellines from tank to the front of the car(v8 cars run down the passager side of the car).need the v8 a/c lines.i would at least put the stock fox gt brakes on the front,the 4banger brakes are smaller.for the 5 speed you nee the pedals clutch cable,bellhousing,blockplate,clutch,shiftfork.you need the drive shaft out of a v8 car.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:15 PM

As Harold said make srue that you get the same year stuff. The best way is to get a complete donor car. That way you know that everything is correct and you won't waste days running down parts.