Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

What to do???...Shop(s) F'Ked up my heads

Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do???...Shop(s) F'Ked up my heads

I'll refraine from using names for NOW, but i will mention names if need be.

Sam @ Coastal just put my forged motor together last week. I made the mistake of letting other shop(s) do the heads. The first place the ovehauled them, painted them in oiling areas and torqued the cam caps to two times the specs(You could NOT turn the cams over with a wrench, luckliy Sam checked them). And now they are making a lot of noise on the car. I dont know what the issue is but something it not right with them.

Second shop, I had them Heli-Coil all the plugs to increase the thread count from 4 to 8 or 9 i think it is. My #1 Cyclinder is leaking combustion past the plug and missing randomly.(You can see carbon on the side of the plug.) The plug is more then plenty tight. I knew something wasnt right the first time i put a plug in because it went in hard the whole way down. And i used Anti-seize on all plugs. I guess thats what i get for not checking the threads with a plug before i left.

So now i have to pull my motor BACK out and take it all apart again after having it just one week, after not having it for 10 1/2 months(Not due to sam). I just about had it at this point and im just about poor. Well maybe i am. I just cashed in all my rainny day change last night for gas/food this week, and oh yeah my second oil change to.

Keep in mind the is a 4V motor so shit is not cheap exspecially when it comes to the valve train. So it looks at a minimum I'm looking at another $500 in parts or more alone. I dont even want to think about the labor. Nevermind, if the #1 Cycl. is even repairiable. If not i have to buy new heads and re-do my port/polish(Lots of time).

Ugh...i just feel sick.

So anyway, do you guys think their is anyway i can get these...i'lll be nice...DICKHEADS! To foot the bills to pay for their fuck ups? Because i'm definetly NOT letting them try again.

Ack, just thought about, i hope i dont have to replace the head gaskets..probaly will have to. Theirs another $300!

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin

Last edited by 98DOHC; 11-06-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:01 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

DEFINITLY call the shops and tell them what happened. but before you tell them, ask if they happen to warrantee any of their work(try to sound like you're a potential customer)

goodluck

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Originally Posted by 95gainfla
DEFINITLY call the shops and tell them what happened. but before you tell them, ask if they happen to warrantee any of their work(try to sound like you're a potential customer)

goodluck

That sounds like a good start. Anyone else?

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
George Carlin
George Carlin
Old 11-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Redneck Racer

Angry

Drag them outside and beat em' with your heads! Won't get them fix, but it would make me feel better!!!!!

www.odogracing.com

<B><I><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000>
Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM

If the people who ported the heads are reputable they will take care of you. Unfortunately that quality is getting rare. Hope it works out for you!

If you end up needed another set of heads I have a set. Let me know.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Tell us all who they are and we'll fax-bomb them with letters saying, "You are teh sux0rz!"

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Originally Posted by JDL1000
If the people who ported the heads are reputable they will take care of you. Unfortunately that quality is getting rare. Hope it works out for you!

If you end up needed another set of heads I have a set. Let me know.
They did'nt port them. They overhauled them, 3-angle, checked the guides, and reassemble.

The other shops only job was to do the heli-coil. They also ended up charging me 3 times the quoted price.

What year heads do you have? I have 01's. I would like to go to 03's if i have to buy new ones. Sam thinks we may be able to weld up the one hole and re-thread it. It would be cool if i could get th 03 as the should work better with the turbo.

- Matt Frewer
George Carlin
George Carlin

Last edited by 98DOHC; 11-06-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Old school TR member

Originally Posted by vip18971
Tell us all who they are and we'll fax-bomb them with letters saying, "You are teh sux0rz!"
+1
Old 11-06-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 98DOHC
They did'nt port them. They overhauled them, 3-angle, checked the guides, and reassemble.

The other shops only job was to do the heli-coil. They also ended up charging me 3 times the quoted price.

What year heads do you have? I have 01's. I would like to go to 03's if i have to buy new ones. Sam thinks we may be able to weld up the one hole and re-thread it. It would be cool if i could get th 03 as the should work better with the turbo.

I thought you had a 98 motor in it. I think the 98 heads and the 01 heads are the same. I have a set of 94 Mark 8 heads which I'm pretty sure they are the same as the 98 and 01 heads just different cams. Will if you need them I have them. For sure the 03 heads would be better but they bring good money. Sam knows what he's doing. If he tells you to go a certain way with the heads thats what I would do.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
brings his heater.

it's unfortunate this happens so often..............