Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

now wouldn't this be interesting....

Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Scissor me timbers!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not gunna lie. When I first read Ford and Gm alliance the first thing I thought was" does this make it allright to put a ls1 in a fox?" Oh crap what have I done!Time to run and hide
Old 09-18-2006, 11:27 AM
89 2.3 91 SSP 5.0

that would be the only way for GM to make a decent car!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Daddy-O

althought I don't think that Nadder and Firestone helped Ford's position, I don't think they're the sole/major cause of it either.
Here is it as I see it:
- They first need to over come the "quality of american cars" issue, whether it be perceived or real it just needs to be overcome.
- Ford needs to adjust it's flexibility as far as it's plants are concerned and I think we're starting to see that with the number of plants that are being idled.
- There was a time for the position and power of the UAW, however I think that time is passed. I think the UAW is more for it's own survival now than the "worker". Although I don't think that they are the only reason behind some of the issues the American auto manufacturers are facing, I do believe they are contributing. WIth the buyouts and restructuring I think they realize that if they don't start working with us, they will go away faster than the dodo bird.

I hate it that the american autoworkers are the ones that are suffering due to the company's lack of action and arroganceto the fact that the competition was gaining on them. However I hope this is a wakeup call for GM, Ford and others to realize that the world is not going to sit back and say "ford is #1 and we won't fight it"....

Just my .02 for what it's worth..

side note, never thought that this would happen, but was interesting none the less..
Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Thread TERRORIST

A 500HP LS6 Rustang?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

But Ford as a whole didn't report a loss, just the US side of it.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:57 AM
ASM FTW!

Originally Posted by vip18971
A 500HP LS6 Rustang?
Would it be a 500hp LS7 rustang, or a 400hp LS6 Rustang

Jk jk

anyhow, i posted something like this in GCC, i would like to see peoples opinions on this more often. Honestly, the thought of the domestics struggling so hard worries me as im looking for another car. Im half tempted to buy a used lexus to save face in case something major comes up!

take care
Mark
Old 09-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Scissor me timbers!

Originally Posted by Graves
But Ford as a whole didn't report a loss, just the US side of it.
I just find it odd that in one artical Ford is saying that the crossbred auto's are a success and have tapped a new market. Then in others, they hint that it failed.As far as Ford being a success in europe,I could see the labor union to be as difficult to deal with as the one in th US.The competiton I think is more fierce for Ford in Europe and AUS becuase it has more than a handful of respected makers to deal with.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Scissor me timbers!

Originally Posted by vip18971
A 500HP LS6 Rustang?
You know you want one