Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Are ALL Mark VII LSC's map based???

Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are ALL Mark VII LSC's map based???

ive always had a thing for the 89-92 LSC's. but if i get one, i know ill want to do things like Heads, cam, intake, blah blah blah. but i know if im stuck w/ a Map based car, i cant go aggressive on the cam because the ECU will freak out. were any of the LSC's MAF based instead of speed density?

i have found a writeup outlining how to convert the MAP LSC's to maf, but i havent found out for sure if this is the only solution, or if i there were MAF-based model years. i figured they would follow the same evolutoin as the Mustang, and i could just get an 89 or 90 and automatically get the MAF-based car. im thinking this isnt the case, all the pics ive seen, up till the end of the run, look like they dont have the MAF sensor.

anyone know about the LSC's?
Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 AM
thinks TR sucks ass now

all mk7's are speed denstiy. you can use the mustang conversion harness for mass air.

Lincolns OnLine | Tech Tips and Articles

Last edited by 79 pace car; 08-24-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
thinks TR sucks ass now

Originally Posted by Mars_302
Yup. Only problem ive read though when you convert to MAF on a VII is you will lose your cruise control since its built into a Linc ECM, where as a mustang has a sepertate setup for it.
i think it addresses it in the link i listed.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I gota Cheby

heck just buy mine 91 LSC SE blk on blk 5 spd, mass air, 3:90's and more. search on the ford for sale sec to see my post. and yes I know they never made a 5 spd car but mine is

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM
thinks TR sucks ass now

Originally Posted by Zman
heck just buy mine 91 LSC SE blk on blk 5 spd, mass air, 3:90's and more. search on the ford for sale sec to see my post. and yes I know they never made a 5 spd car but mine is
i have a friend with a toploader 4 speed in his
Old 08-24-2006, 06:24 PM

nice probe flubyux2 ....ohh wait thats a supra.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I gota Cheby

toploader, now theres a tranny that will never break

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 08-24-2006, 07:46 PM
tampa car scene

Buy zman mark 7, if i had the money I would. Hell I have already bought one from him before.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Fred, Die in a fire. you still need to bleed the rear brakes on shit car and change out that driver door handle that you broke!

anyways, the writeup that i saw on the MAF conversion is based on the assumption that youve already addressed the stock Cruise control and converted it over to Mustang-spec.

sounds like Zman's car is along the lines of what id want to do... but id wanna do it myself so i can save the money. i dont like buying cars that are already done because i know im paying someone money to do what i know full well that i can do it myself, sometimes to a higher level of quality... no offense Zman, just stating in general. im OCD w/ detail work my friends/customers can vouch for that!

im only wanting to spend lke 1500 on something... black on black, or white on black is what id want. no burgundy, red or brown or copper or green paint. no white or cream or burguny interior. i gotta have the Meshie wheels though... fuck the turbines/wires.

oh, and as far as "never made a 5sp LSC"... not true i found out that a select handful of LSC's, in 91-92 i think, were sent to roush for various upgrades. there are probably less than 10 w/ 5sp swaps. the rest of them had suspension rework and other mods. and a couple had 351's installed... these cars were built by Roush at the time.

there were also a limited edition called the GTC, based off the SE in 91-92. they were black on black on black w/ a polished lip and included an aerokit that fit from the side moulding Down. it looks like a Buick GNX, but w/ the LSC look... pretty sweet if you ask me. these cars were built by Cars and Concepts at the time.