Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

2007 Focus....WTF Ford?!?!?

Old 04-11-2006, 06:20 PM
drives euro trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Focus....WTF Ford?!?!?

It is bad enough that Ford did a lame partial facelift on the US Focus in 2005, meanwhile the rest of the world gets Focus based on the C1 platform (same as Mazda 3 and Volvo S40).

Now Car&Driver has spied what seems to be the "new" 2007 Focus sporting the Fusion-like 3-bar chrome grille. The Focus is STILL based on the same C170 platform. Back when the Focus first came out, Ford positioned this as another "world car" on the same platform with interchangeable parts to cut cost and improve quality. Now they have the same car on two different platforms with completely different components. Looks like the rest of the world moves forward while the US gets the shaft yet again. WTF Ford?

Spied: 2007 Ford Focus
The Focus receives the new corporate grille.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY KGP PHOTOGRAPHY
February 2006

A rash of prototype sightings around the streets of Detroit suggests that Ford is preparing a new face for the Focus. Judging by the horizontal grille bars and slim angular headlights residing behind the camouflage, it appears that a Fusion-inspired face may be in the cards for the next freshening of the Focus.

Many enthusiast magazines have urged Ford to inject some new life into its U.S. fleet by replacing our warmed-over first-generation Focus with the European model.

However, the European market Focus went up-market with its last redesign and Ford has already confirmed it will not be coming here due to cost related to using the C1 platform.

Whether Ford can keep Focus sales steady by tweaking the design to match the new Ford family look remains to be seen. It faces some pretty challenging competition, the redesigned Honda Civic and Mazda3 are tough acts to keep up with when you are getting old in platform years, watch out Ford!

Last edited by Alan; 04-11-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:27 PM

Its A Ford !
Old 04-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Banned

Discussing this at work the other day, we don't see the Focus as a psrt of the line up in a few years.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:01 AM
2wheels > 4 wheels

looks like a Jetta..
Old 04-12-2006, 07:02 AM
2wheels > 4 wheels

They need to make an srt4 killer..Make a limited amount..at a reasonable price..
Old 04-12-2006, 09:01 AM

Ford and Chevy have been going down hill for a few years now, not everyone wants and new mustang or a new c6 for the rest of their cars they suck!!!! you cant beat going to german technology.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by o1yellowGT
They need to make an srt4 killer..Make a limited amount..at a reasonable price..

They did, it just stayed on the otehr side of the big pond. I've decided to build mine as SVT should have built the SVT Focus.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:11 PM
drives euro trash

Originally Posted by y3110w 5tang
you cant beat going to german technology.
Agreed...but just so long as it isn't Volkswagen technology.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:16 PM
drives euro trash

Originally Posted by Graves
They did, it just stayed on the otehr side of the big pond.
Stock for stock, the RS is probably a tad bit slower than the SRT-4...but still a shame they never introduced it to the US. The new European Focus ST isn't quite as quick as the old SRT-4, but goddamn is it a friggin sweet car (5-cylinder turbo). Volvo is to bring their own version of the Focus ST in the form of the new C30 due out in a year or so. If this ends up being a mechanical carbon copy of the Focus ST, I think I may actually trade in the SVT.

Originally Posted by Graves
I've decided to build mine as SVT should have built the SVT Focus.
RWD V8?