Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

A big thanks and a question

Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Not quite 1337.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A big thanks and a question

After being on this board since August of '04 and pestering everyone on the Ford forum with questions after question I finally installed bolt on number one and my Mustang now has it's complete exhaust system, single to dual conversion. I love it. A huge thank you goes out to everyone who stopped by my threads and took the time to make a helpful response. A mini-thanks to those who recommended the flows, I'm already in love with the sound. Now for the question part. Since it's installation last Saturday (3-11-06), my car has a random tendency to run hot. It's not above normal, but it likes to tease the edge of the normal range, staying too close for my to simply ignore it. Is this a result of the installation of the exhaust system? Does my car simply run hotter now? It might be, but it will only sometimes run hot, other times sit in the middle of the normal range for a whole drive, so I don't think so. Has anyone had or is anyone familiar with this problem, and how would you go about fixing it? Does running with the engine temp at the edge of normal cause excess wear and tear on the engine to a point which I should not be driving it? Thanks again, Marcus.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:47 PM

I dont think changing the exhaust would have any effect on it running hotter. It might be time time to check the cooling system. I also would install a real temp guage.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
"Now I only have two"

I dont think changing the exhaust would have any effect on it running hotter. It might be time time to check the cooling system. I also would install a real temp guage.
+1

also don't run regular/tap water in your radiator, only use distilled water or use a mixture of 50/50 and regular antifreeze and you should be ok.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM
is doing your girlfriend

In my car i run straight tap water with a bottle of Red-Line water wetter. a 351W .030" with cast iron water pump, and a 31" x 19" Griffin sportsman aluminum radiator, and 20" Crown Vic elec fan, car stays right about 185-190 deg with 180 stat. When getting on it temp goes up aropund 200-210, as soon as i let off temp goes back to normal.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 03-13-2006, 06:21 PM
BillionClub Member BISHES

I run tap water no thermostat just restrictor plate and I am running 175-190 depending on how long I set at the red lights. BTW stock radiator and flexlight mustang thermostat controled electric fan.