Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Modular madness customer service

Old 03-12-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrturbo4
That all sounds real convincing except for the fact that I pulled the tune out of the PCM and that there was 29 degrees to be exact in the tune,and that the pulley configuration that is on the car @ 7000 RPM will yield 35 psi and that the dyno sheets Ken provided have the car running at 12.2 to1,and that the car made 700RWHP 1 time,and that every piston in the motor was subject to more detonation that any engine can live through and that I think your exaggerating when you say he ported the intake and created a huge lean condition etc...etc...etc...We all street race so tune your vehicles accordingly,the next time you over tune a vehicle and you have a problem don't tell the customer he is a fucking idiot and that you and the procharger guys got a laugh out of Ken trying to get some PROFESSIONAL help,and that you have all of the conversations on transcripts and that you have a photographic memory etc..etc..etc..Not a good look
I would LOVE to know how you pulled the tune out of the computer. first off the tune is loaded via Xcal 2 which CANNOT under ANY instance be used to read the tune. second the tune is COMPLEATLY encripted by the tunner and you need the neccasary key (which i still in dons laptop) in order to read the tune. 3rd, even IF you are able to somhow build your own little tunner and after building it you somehow come up with the skills that are that of a CIA agent and you crack the encryption code which is MULTIPLE layers deep then you surely must be aware the the tunes are encryped for a reason. they are copyrighted to the personal tunner. congradulations you just admitted on a national forum to breaking a savere copyright law. so i am sure it is safe to say that you DO NOT know what you are talking about because if you were capable or cracking encryption THAT deep you would be working for the goverment or at least SCT by now which i definitly know you dont. and yes the pulley IS for 35 psi at 7000K but ken was SPACIFICLY instucted NOT to take the motor above 6000 which is RIGHT as 29-30. yes the motor DID show detonation because AFTER HE BLEW IT UP. he refuses to listen to me that it WAS blown up and tried driving it again and even called me and said and i quote "you should here how bad this engine is detonating now. it never did this before" in which i replied "that is because it is blown like i said 2 days ago. yes he DID port the intake becuase he called me and i asked him what the air fuel was after he did it and he said above 5,000 it goes lean. i instructed him to bring the car down the next day and have it tuned. ( which we were going to do for free). and no i dont use spell check becuase i do not care. this is not a litteracy test. i am mearly hear to explain the truth about what has happened here. i understand that people are going to form your own opinions but i feel you should be knowing the truth before you do. yes we own a speed shop. in most peoples minds that AUTOMATICLY makes a crooks becuase of all the other shops that really do treat people like shit. we knew the combination was dangerouse and ken was told that. but who are we to say what you do with your car. we are here to provide a service to everyone. not to tell them what to do. had ken said "please tell me what would be the safest setup for this car" it would have been different. but he came and said i want this and this is what i want it to make. so that is what he got. we made that combination as safe as possible and out the door it left.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:43 PM

DAMN lats of Parts and words flying in here IBTL
Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Jonathon

Originally Posted by blk00gtvert
I would LOVE to know how you pulled the tune out of the computer. first off the tune is loaded via Xcal 2 which CANNOT under ANY instance be used to read the tune. second the tune is COMPLEATLY encripted by the tunner and you need the neccasary key (which i still in dons laptop) in order to read the tune. 3rd, even IF you are able to somhow build your own little tunner and after building it you somehow come up with the skills that are that of a CIA agent and you crack the encryption code which is MULTIPLE layers deep then you surely must be aware the the tunes are encryped for a reason. they are copyrighted to the personal tunner. congradulations you just admitted on a national forum to breaking a savere copyright law. so i am sure it is safe to say that you DO NOT know what you are talking about because if you were capable or cracking encryption THAT deep you would be working for the goverment or at least SCT by now which i definitly know you dont. and yes the pulley IS for 35 psi at 7000K but ken was SPACIFICLY instucted NOT to take the motor above 6000 which is RIGHT as 29-30. yes the motor DID show detonation because AFTER HE BLEW IT UP. he refuses to listen to me that it WAS blown up and tried driving it again and even called me and said and i quote "you should here how bad this engine is detonating now. it never did this before" in which i replied "that is because it is blown like i said 2 days ago. yes he DID port the intake becuase he called me and i asked him what the air fuel was after he did it and he said above 5,000 it goes lean. i instructed him to bring the car down the next day and have it tuned. ( which we were going to do for free). and no i dont use spell check becuase i do not care. this is not a litteracy test. i am mearly hear to explain the truth about what has happened here. i understand that people are going to form your own opinions but i feel you should be knowing the truth before you do. yes we own a speed shop. in most peoples minds that AUTOMATICLY makes a crooks becuase of all the other shops that really do treat people like shit. we knew the combination was dangerouse and ken was told that. but who are we to say what you do with your car. we are here to provide a service to everyone. not to tell them what to do. had ken said "please tell me what would be the safest setup for this car" it would have been different. but he came and said i want this and this is what i want it to make. so that is what he got. we made that combination as safe as possible and out the door it left.
no ones attacking you becouse your a speed shop they are attacking you becouse your history.

i
Old 03-12-2006, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim2.5
DAMN lats of Parts and words flying in here IBTL
i really hope they dont. i am not trying to mean or anything like that. i am trying to help people sort out the truth. i have A LOT of work in that car and don has A LOT of tuning time in that car. I never wanted it to blow up. neither did don. ken was an awsome guy. sure he was a pain about the car not being done when he thought it should but i dont really blame him. he was excited just the same as other people when they are waiting for a new combination. i really dont understand why it came to this. were we saposed to just GIVE him a motor for free? no it does not work that way. and we are not the only shop like that. you dont think sam gives away motors just because some blew up there car racing out on the bridge? and no i am not bring sam in this. we have no problem with sam. he does his thing in tampa and we do our here in sarasota. i am mearly using him as an example being as that he is well known.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by figment
no ones attacking you becouse your a speed shop they are attacking you becouse your history.

i
WE do not have a history..... PAUL THE EX EMPLOYEE HAS A HISTORY. don and i do not. don handles the tunes thats it... and he has NEVER blown up a single car in 20 years of tuning. do you think somone who writes the tunes for sniper, procharger, diablo sport ect, and has tuned for 20 years put 30 degrees timing in a car? a car he KNEW was owned by a person that would run his mouth is somthing happened to it? no he wouldn't and no he didn't he tried his best to make that car live at the power level ken wanted. and it did untill ken ported the damn intake and screwed the tune up.
he hired a person 2 years ago which tunred out to be a compleat conartist. he did everything from steal money from don, steal money from customers, steal parts from customers, rip them off, and screw up cars. he was even possing as don on the internet for awhile causeing everyone to think he was don. then man is now in savere trouble with the law. but our rep suffered as well. don is a great guy and i am a nice guy too. i think you can understand our frustration being as that if we did rip off people and did blow up cars they we deserve the rep we have but we don't. don goes out of his way for customers and even at times has put customers before his own family. his car sits on jackstands in the corner becuase he refuses to work on his car on customers time or money. he isn't a bad guy. and he DOES now how to tune. but he will not give away a motor or free laybor to a person that had the car built knowing it was on the ragged edge.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Chucking up the Dueces

Originally Posted by blk00gtvert
WE do not have a history..... PAUL THE EX EMPLOYEE HAS A HISTORY. don and i do not. don handles the tunes thats it... and he has NEVER blown up a single car in 20 years of tuning. do you think somone who writes the tunes for sniper, procharger, diablo sport ect, and has tuned for 20 years put 30 degrees timing in a car? a car he KNEW was owned by a person that would run his mouth is somthing happened to it? no he wouldn't and no he didn't he tried his best to make that car live at the power level ken wanted. and it did untill ken ported the damn intake and screwed the tune up.
he hired a person 2 years ago which tunred out to be a compleat conartist. he did everything from steal money from don, steal money from customers, steal parts from customers, rip them off, and screw up cars. he was even possing as don on the internet for awhile causeing everyone to think he was don. then man is now in savere trouble with the law. but our rep suffered as well. don is a great guy and i am a nice guy too. i think you can understand our frustration being as that if we did rip off people and did blow up cars they we deserve the rep we have but we don't. don goes out of his way for customers and even at times has put customers before his own family. his car sits on jackstands in the corner becuase he refuses to work on his car on customers time or money. he isn't a bad guy. and he DOES now how to tune. but he will not give away a motor or free laybor to a person that had the car built knowing it was on the ragged edge.
I remember hearing shit about some girls car from texas getting fucked up at the shop.I think it was posted on the corral,i'll try to dig it up.
Aerospace Components
ProFab Performance
R.I automotive
C.R.T transmisions
5.13@145mph
Old 03-12-2006, 03:51 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
has his prioritys ef'd up

There were alot of holes in that story from the chick in texas. Not saying all is good with modular madness, but I have a story as well thats not all good with a popular tuner local to us, no names, but I knwo from first hand experience that a guy took his cobra in to get worked on and tuned, and less than two weeks later the motor blew. Did the owner of the shop replace that engine, hell no, the guy had to drop another 5000.00 to get his motor rebuilt and the proper equipment to get it running what the guy wanted to do to it. I am not taking sides by no means, but in business sense would you replace an engine out of your own pocket on what the owner of the car wanted and took past? I wouldnt, how many race car engine builders give warrantys? I only know of one, and that is CHP, and the fine print is far from replacing for free of charge. Just my view.
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)