Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

why doesnt my fan work?

Old 03-06-2006, 06:22 PM
stock :-\

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why doesnt my fan work?

I have a taurus 2 speed fan with a painless wireing kit. I justed used the high speed wire for the power, and grounded the fan to the frame. Wired the Tstat to the intake manifold( 185 on 170 off ) ign. to a fuse, and the other hot to the starter relay. why isnt it turning on? the painless kit's relay is only 30 amps.. could this be the reason?
ive seen nothing but people runing bosch 75 amp.
- thanks

david
Old 03-07-2006, 12:51 PM

help
Old 03-07-2006, 01:19 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by Drewpw4ng
I have a taurus 2 speed fan with a painless wireing kit. I justed used the high speed wire for the power, and grounded the fan to the frame. Wired the Tstat to the intake manifold( 185 on 170 off ) ign. to a fuse, and the other hot to the starter relay. why isnt it turning on? the painless kit's relay is only 30 amps.. could this be the reason?
ive seen nothing but people runing bosch 75 amp.
- thanks

david
Try and hard wire it just to make sure the fan works..if it does it must be the way you wired the tstat or your relay.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
"Now I only have two"

You know I had a similiar problem with my window switch for my nitrous. I had to realize that the ground is switched not the "hot" wires. I ran the feed wires for the solenoids straight to the battery or source. I hooked up the relays to power and the grounds get switched by the device. BAM everything works great!

In other words the circuit gets opened or closed by the ground wires and not the load wires. I have a background as an electrician and I forgot about the difference in handling these circuits.

You might already know this, I just thought I would say it.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:34 PM

.. i tested everything today and everything is working properly, but the Tstat that supplys the ground to the 12v source is drawing dead. NO pos or neg signal from it when it hit its temperature.. I relized i used teflon sealer on the thread, thats why im not getting a ground out of it.. hopefully this works