Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Funford weekend = Lame

Old 03-05-2006, 04:41 PM
lives in a glass house

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marksaccord95
starting line was prepped, thats about it.
with sand and leafs

Originally Posted by cochese
Focus on getting that piece shit down the track, stop posting stories.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scott
Don't get me started again about Whorelando ! I stirred up the hornets nest a few months ago on Fun Fords site and I think I am going to do it again.

Overall I think the event was not to good. The car counts for the top cars sucked. I do not know if it was Fun Fords vault with rule changes because I do not follow that to close or just a combination of things.

The staff for Fun Ford events are really a great bunch of people, at least the ones I have met. But I do know the track is a complete dump even with a few new bleachers. Hell they do not even have a track scrubber ! And lets not talk about how they were behind over a hour each day.

Even with getting media passes to the event I am going to really have to think about it before going next year.

I think i might have 1-2 pics of my buddies car that i was talking about in my above post at the starting line, where in talking about how shitty the track was....Prime Example 2 weekago at Sunshine same motor, amount of nos, suspention the same, put it on the bumper twice on the same pass

this weekend...Talk about suspention adjusments !!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

vht is there friend

a good track should almost pull your shoe off when u go to walk on the line.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM

Reason #2 why the track sucked !

at BMP event they must vht the track like 3-4 times a day, then with the tractor with the flat thing on the back that rubbes the track, You all know waht im talking about.

At Fun Ford i honestly think at the most was twice and with the tractor the falt thing just slid across the track did even here the noice from the falt thing at all..

Sorry the discription is so bad, But like i said everbody knows what im talking about
Old 03-05-2006, 05:37 PM
2004 Cobra

i agree, FFW should come back to BMP, maybe one week before so they have a a week to prep for NMRA or a week after so it would put it after GatorNationals.

i went one time to spinworld and it sucked. they will realize it when the turn out is lower every year.

NMRA is going to be better, hell i heard they did an entire track prep for them.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I gota Cheby

glad I didnt go, I just want to see the swpa meet. looking for turbo setup so maybe NMRA next week.

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 03-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Daddy-O

Originally Posted by Scott
Don't get me started again about Whorelando ! I stirred up the hornets nest a few months ago on Fun Fords site and I think I am going to do it again.

Overall I think the event was not to good. The car counts for the top cars sucked. I do not know if it was Fun Fords vault with rule changes because I do not follow that to close or just a combination of things.
What do you think this would accomplish other than just stirring up a bunch of shit Scott? You can polish a turd (orlando) and it still will be a turd. Not sure what is the deal, but the track CAN hook I just think it's when it's their own event (Fastest Street Car Shootout in Oct) that they actually even try.

I think the car count issue depends on a lot of things, last year FFW had a good size Pro class (12 i think) where as NMRA had 2 or 3, they both evened out as the year went on, so like I said lot of variables.

If you stir the pot with suggesting the event be pushed up a week or back a week i'd be interested in that.