Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

How big a hood to clear an igloo?

Old 03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
is doing your girlfriend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a 9" hood and be done with it.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 03-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Project Fobra

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Way back in the day the Scranton Brothers had a 4" cowl modified to a 5" to clear their igloo. Of course the problem is not all 4" hoods are equal.
Wasn't that a 351 base motor they had? I'm not completely sure which is why I am asking. If it was then he will have a little more clearance. Also don't forget lowering motor mounts, if that is an option for ya.

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by boostedOne
On a Fox with a 5.0 block, how big of a hood do you need to clear a Vortech Igloo?
I just bought a GT with a blower, and will probably dump the blower and go turbo. I also have an Igloo with a GT40 base. I know the Igloo wont clear the Storman Norman hood on the car, but wondered how big of a cowl it would need?

I will let you know tomaorw my freand had one on his car, and he had to cut part of the hood out, I want to say it was a 4 inch and it was just enuf to the top where it would only stick out about an ich, i will let you know tomarow

He still has the hood if you want a nice cowl hood that has been cut out for the igloo