Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Getting ready to hook up my nitrous have a few questions

Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to hook up my nitrous have a few questions

This is on my carbed 306. I am going to go with 100 shot at first but eventually to a 150 shot. The bottle/gauge/line and plate with silenoids are already mounted. I am buying a timing retard and window switch as well. My concern is my fuel system. Right now I have a new holley blue w/regulator (no return). On my last car I just put a "T" in the fuel line and ran it to the fuel silenoid. The NX kit I have is the hitman and it says a 110 gph pump is fine, but I dont know if I trust this holley blue. Should I upgrade to a better pump/regulator? I should also have a seperate regulator for the nitrous correct? The nitrous only calls for 5 psi. Also what plugs should I run with edelbrock heads? What fuel pump/regulator should I go with? Thanks for any tips. Chris
Old 02-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Smacking Her A$$

The Holley Blue will be fine if it is the dedicated fuel pump for nitrous. And you are on the right track for the regulator also, you can use a holley reg.. As for plugs, either get some NGK Race plugs or run the Autolites, go about 1 step colder for the 100 shot and 2 steps for the 150. You don't really need a return for the fuel (NOS), but it would be nice to have though to prevent any possibility of pressure creep.

I'm sure some other nitrous experts will chime in to help also. I'm no expert by any means, just an advid user trying to help out a fellow 5.0 guy.....

have fun bro!

Sarasota, FL ZO#1863313

Old 03-01-2006, 01:32 PM

The holley blue is running my carb right now. I dont have a dedicated pump for the nitrous. I was hopeing to upgrade to a bigger/better pump and "T" off from that and have a seperate regulator for the carb and nitrous.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:58 PM
is doing your girlfriend

You think an Aeromotive street rod pump (900#/ hour, 150 GPH) would support a carb and a 125 shot. Fuel lines are all 1/2"/-8an, carb feeds with two -6an lines.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it