Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

QA1 K member and A arm Questions

Old 02-16-2006, 06:01 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question QA1 K member and A arm Questions

I installed the K member and have been kicking around the adjustable A arms vs. The non-adjustable A arms. The adjustable arms are twice the price of the non adjustables. Anybody other than Steve have any advise on the choice and pro's vs. con's? these are going into a 89 coupe
Old 02-16-2006, 07:11 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by Mars_302
I dont really see the need for the adjustable arms unless you are more into serious handling
that's what I'm thinking...but Steve B said I really should go adjustable....
Old 02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
brings his heater.

I dont really see the need for the adjustable arms unless you are more into serious handling
it is because the k-member pushes the wheels 1 inch farther forward, which on my car hit the front of the fenders with the tires, i have skinny's i couldn't imagine a full size tire. the only way around it is to put the front end sky high, which looks like shit.

do you even have a mustang with a tubular k- member? or ever had, or installed one?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 AM

Seems with the QA1 K that if you use "stock" A arms it moves the tires forward. Use the QA1's A-arms and everything is normal.
Also I could not imagine the QA1 in anything other than a drag car.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:15 AM
brings his heater.

Originally Posted by allibabba
Seems with the QA1 K that if you use "stock" A arms it moves the tires forward. Use the QA1's A-arms and everything is normal.
Also I could not imagine the QA1 in anything other than a drag car.
unfortunately that was not the case with their street arms. they also pushed forward.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:30 AM
brings his heater.

Im really lost on how it helps, unless you are saying you tuck the tires in more into the fender well?

actually both push the wheels farther out to where you can see the tread outside of the wheel well, IE standing in front of the car, you can see tire, so i am cutting mine shorter, and re threading the arm to correct this which should also bring my camber back in line.

and to further emphasize my point, i was unable to use the spacers as the instructions stated, BECAUSE THEY PUSHED THE WHEELS FORWARD, i.e made the wheel base longer.

i don't understand why people who do not have these exact products in question don't believe me and seem to think they know so much about them. if you don't know what your talking about, then don't say anything, thats bad tech.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:45 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

I called QA1 and they said it will push the tires out further. They said if you use the size tire rated for that year...you will not have a problem. Guess what...if I do...A&E will have them back...no joke.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

my buddy is using a Granatelli tubular K- member and coil over kit and it doesnt look like it pushed the wheels to far out