Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

just got a 86 mustang

Old 10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got a 86 mustang

Hey guys well i just got a 86 notch back stang its a 4cyl. right now but have big plans for it in the future, hopefully near future, tell me what you guys think i should do first( other than 4.6 cobra or 5.0 conv.) -Seth

**edit**- i'll have pics up in a few days if you guys wanta see it
Old 10-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Tight and Clean

I would get the outside up to par if it is not already. Go ahead and put a nice hood, paint and whatever you want on the outside. Decide what direction that you want to go with your car and stick to it. Don't buy stuff that you don't want or need. I would go ahead and if you want to put the 5 lug conversion on it and then put whatever wheels you want on it. Then after the outside is done than do the motor (4.6 or 5.0 or stroker or whatever) and do your interior. But the main thing is to decide what direction you want the car to go. Do you want it for a street car, drag car, or street/strip car?? Then base all of your decisions off of that.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:52 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by raiderdsm
Hey guys well i just got a 86 notch back stang its a 4cyl. right now but have big plans for it in the future, hopefully near future, tell me what you guys think i should do first( other than 4.6 cobra or 5.0 conv.) -Seth

**edit**- i'll have pics up in a few days if you guys wanta see it
first things first.......are you ready to dump loads of $$$ or are you on a low budget and go from there.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM
need turbo stuff,pm me

racing cost money, how fast you want to go??

IF YOU CAN READ THIS- THANK A TEACHER,

AND SINCE ITS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
-Ronald Reagan

Florida Cracker Mustang Coupe Whore
Old 10-15-2005, 05:44 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by 92TealLX5.0
I would get the outside up to par if it is not already. Go ahead and put a nice hood, paint and whatever you want on the outside. Decide what direction that you want to go with your car and stick to it. Don't buy stuff that you don't want or need. I would go ahead and if you want to put the 5 lug conversion on it and then put whatever wheels you want on it. Then after the outside is done than do the motor (4.6 or 5.0 or stroker or whatever) and do your interior. But the main thing is to decide what direction you want the car to go. Do you want it for a street car, drag car, or street/strip car?? Then base all of your decisions off of that.
well i pretty much want a street car thati can take to the strip every once and a while

FOX: i will be ready to do that in the next month or so

nasd: ya i knw this already im ready to put money into it.

Thanks for the comments guy
Old 10-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Tight and Clean

Originally Posted by raiderdsm
well i pretty much want a street car thati can take to the strip every once and a while

FOX: i will be ready to do that in the next month or so

nasd: ya i knw this already im ready to put money into it.

Thanks for the comments guy
I would go with a bored 302 to like a 306 or if you have the money then put a 331ci. and then put a good set of heads on there like AFR 185's or 205's, good set of forged pistions, an E or F 303 cam, Trick Flow or Holley Systemax upper and lower, some good roller rockers, a 3.73 or 3.55 gear, long tubes(cause they sound awesome on a Fox ) and full exhaust, upgrade the fuel system, a power adder like Nitrous and spray the shit out of it or put a nice Vortech setup on it or if you can afford it go Turbo or and a good set of Nitto 555R's or Mickey Thompson Drag Radials.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:57 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by 92TealLX5.0
I would go with a bored 302 to like a 306 or if you have the money then put a 331ci. and then put a good set of heads on there like AFR 185's or 205's, good set of forged pistions, an E or F 303 cam, Trick Flow or Holley Systemax upper and lower, some good roller rockers, a 3.73 or 3.55 gear, long tubes(cause they sound awesome on a Fox ) and full exhaust, upgrade the fuel system, a power adder like Nitrous and spray the shit out of it or put a nice Vortech setup on it or if you can afford it go Turbo or and a good set of Nitto 555R's or Mickey Thompson Drag Radials.
grand total................10k
Old 10-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Tight and Clean

Originally Posted by FOXBODYPAT
grand total................10k
HAHA well nothing is cheap these days. If I had a lot of money to put in a project car thats the setup I would go for.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:35 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Ya i was thinkin bout put a 5.0 w/ cams and exahust etc.. nuthin to radical, but i just tradin the notch for a 88 hatch but unfortonitly its still a 4 banger but i like the hatches better so
Old 10-15-2005, 08:36 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

but i was thinkin maybe 5 grand not 10, o and anyone know anyone that wants any original mustang huncaps ?????