Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Rant Tranny!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Old school TR member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant Tranny!

Ok lets start off by saying my tranny only had 1st 2nd and 5th.......So I take it to get the transmission re built.......Get a call the 2nd day they had it they said they had to replace the clutch also(it was worn out).......so I go to pick it up when its ready...there is a crack in the bumper they deny having anything to do with it....Driving down the road I hear a whistling sound I am like wtf and ignore it and just drive home.......Next day I woke up decided to drive it around awhile taking it easy to break it in.......Id say I drove about 300miles before I got on it.....So I get on it take it to about 6500 and shift somewhat quickly.....It goes in and wammmmmmm! all over the rev limiter so I am like wtf before I can even get wtf outta my mouth the clutch dis engages and goes in gear and throws me forward.......So I am thinking to myself some things really wrong......I take it back and tell him the problems I am having he drives it does the same thing for him he tells me to drive it for a day or 2 and see if it fixs itself so I did and same shit still going on....So i take it back he tells me I need a new clutch cable so they fix that I get it back today ........Still doing the same thing.......I am going nuts....and to make it worse my car now wont go past 5k WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I go back try to be calm he tells me my cars is a dog and has been since I brought it to him.......Im sorry but I have one of the fastest stock cobras there is I dont call a 13.0@107 slow for a stock 98' cobra not to mention Ive beat modded ones........He then tells me a stock gt would beat my car I am like ya wtf now it would.......When my mother shows up he tries to bullshit her and tell her everything is fine.....He said the motor troubles arnt his fault......and that all the work he did was fine(tranny clutch) I cannot even get my car going fast enough to show him the problem anymore.......

So lets see what problems I have:
1. Still grinds in reverse!
2.Cracked paint on front bumper
3.Clutch when under a load and go to hit next gear quickly basically gets stuck then decideds to unstick whenever it wants
4.Car wont rev past 5k in any gear and is very slow now when going through the rpms
5.Whistling sound that goes away when u push pedal in slightly
6. Odometer stopped working!!!

My mother just paid close to 3k for all of this and Im sorry but I was going nuts....They were trying to rip her off and told her to get my motor looked at and that she would have to pay to get it fixed.......Thats total bullshit either they fucked something up with my car or something they did with the tranny or clutch is holding the car back........

This car was in perfect shape besides the tranny the motor ran like a champion.......Car was flawless ....Im sure many people on here can vouch for how fast my car was for being stock (not very many people think it is)......I understand that all they did was do the tranny and clutch but how does all this just happen while its in there possesion........

I honestly dont know what to do......I think I am just going to have my car fixed at ford and take these other people to court and hopefully get our money back.........BTW I was treated very shitty........Anyone is business knows that the customer comes first and the customer is always right...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Super Coupe; 09-16-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:33 AM
brings his heater.

who did the work?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Old school TR member

BTW: Is the odometer sensor in the head?........I wouldnt think so seeing the car could be on and not moving which would mean its counting miles.....I though it was somewhere in the tranny correct me if I am wrong just seems a bit confusing to me.......
Old 09-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Old school TR member

zeigler transmissions in oldsmar.......TOTAL ASSHOLES! I tried to be nice for awhile them I just got way to pissed and went off on them.......If anyone has any help its greatly appreciated I just want my car back on the road to meet up at TR events and meets........
Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Old school TR member

Does anyone know what the problem is? This is to much of a coincidence that all this shit happens while my car was with them sorry!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:18 PM

Call the state of Florida, for Professional Business services and file a complaint. Have his license pulled.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Call A Lawyer Also...they Will Write A Letter For A Small Fee
Old 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Old school TR member

Does it sound like a legit case though? I mean I know all he did was tranny and clutch work but obv they did something to make my car fuk up ....Does anyone Have any Ideas of what could be the problem.....

Last edited by Super Coupe; 09-16-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:02 PM

Someone probably took it out after it was "fixed" and got on it. maybe an In-Shop incident occured with the bumper thing. I always check the miles on my odometer before i hand the car over because i know i dont want no1 driving it around.

(Even though your odometer is broke)

That place =
dont ever return, file a lawsuit and get whats your's dude
Old 09-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Old school TR member

I just want my car fixed........