Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

need A arm bushing pressed in

Old 01-08-2005, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need A arm bushing pressed in

Does any body know of any shops open on sunday that can do Arms for a fox mustang. Need to be pushed out and pressed back in.
Mark
Kleinbbc@yahoo.com
Old 01-08-2005, 08:29 PM
HH-60G CREW CHIEF

I don't know if they're open on Sundays, but a couple of years ago one of the guys at Race Related pressed in Energy Suspension bushings and greaseable ball joints into stock A-arms for me. You have to talk with the boss man as I don't believe he has a set price for doing this. I had the old bushings already drilled out of mine and I had also knocked out the old ball joints to save on the labor. The guy (can't remember his name) welded a bar between the bushing ears to keep them from bending during the pressing in processs. It takes tremendous force to press them in. Bad thing is that to this day my slow ass has yet to install these arms because I never have the time to do it and when I do I think about that front spring being a p.i.t.a. and I don't even want to bother. Give Race Related a call if you don't find anyone on a Sunday to do it. See how much they will charge you.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:54 AM

Helmut would you want to sell your a arms ?? I need to get my car back together today? I will try some auto places today (TIRE SHOPS)
Thanks
Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 AM
HH-60G CREW CHIEF

No, sorry.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:25 AM
Pro 5oh

I have a guy that can do it call him at 727-452-2654 his name is nick just let him know what you want and tell him Cason or racingtheburg sent you/.