Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME :) please

Old 09-30-2004, 05:47 AM
Just telling it how it is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME :) please

I just bought an 87 Mustang GT.....my stepdad was saying that the years from 85-89 (around that time) ...were the worst years for the Mustangs...something like they had the most electrical problems etc. Not that it matters now because the car I bought is pretty much all rebuilt (except for the body) and made from pieces of a bunch of different Mustangs (as though it seems).

It'd be nice to have someone who is very knowledgeable about Mustangs, take a look at my car. I'm starting to think that it was originally an automatic and was converted to a 5-speed. (Because it's a convertible and I know they didn't make too many convertibles with manual transmissions because of the body flex (or so someone said).

Anyone who is knowledgeable about this car PLEASE reply because I would be interested in knowing so I don't fuck the facts up.

PS: The car in my sig isn't mine. Mine's blue.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:08 AM

if this is the girl in the avitar, give me your number and I will be more than happy to work the squeeks out of the back seat

Originally Posted by Na306StAnG
I only date chicks with down syndrome this way I know from day one their fucking retarded.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:10 AM

I've had mustangs from 84 to 95 and the worst one i've ever had any problems with was the 95 computer didn't really like to work with performance upgrades (heads,cam,intake,nitrous)
as long as your car is already upgraded to mass air, and you have the right computer, you probably won't have any problems unless it was made from a pieced together wiring harness from different years.............(I've had about 19 mustangs)
Old 09-30-2004, 06:15 AM

maby i'm wrong but doesn't it require power, and traction before you can have body flex....... or maby an accident these are things I can think of with a stock mustang

Originally Posted by Na306StAnG
I only date chicks with down syndrome this way I know from day one their fucking retarded.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:09 AM
has his prioritys ef'd up

Mars, wasnt it in 85 I think, are you refering to the swap from the E6 to the E7TE heads? Whichever, but no, your car should be fine. Other than if the car was put together with peices of a harness. And my first GT was in 1993 which was a convertible and had the T5 in it. But, they arent as rare as you think.
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)
Old 09-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Livin' Large

Sometimes you can have problems with the actual connection at some of the plugs, but I certainly wouldn't say those cars were known for electrical problems. 5 speed convertibles are actually pretty common, so there is a good chance it is original. What makes you think the car was pieced together?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Breaking the Broken

Originally posted by mx-4u2nv
if this is the girl in the avitar, give me your number and I will be more than happy to work the squeeks out of the back seat
Old 09-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Just telling it how it is

Originally posted by mx-4u2nv
Har har ! That's me,,,,but the backseat has no problems ironically!

Anywho- in response to BigbadBuick- When you lift the hood, the fenders (on the very inside) used to be red it seems like because some spray paint is visible.....the steering wheel I believe is off an 86 mustang.
There are many other things too...but I don't know much about these cars just yet so I would rather just let someone very knowledgable look at it and tell me the TRUTH.

Mx-4u2nv- I think the car may have been in accident but none that were reported to any place that Carfax checks...