Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Late 98 GT fuel system

Old 09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Mullet Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late 98 GT fuel system

well this is a problem that very few people are gonna have but i have it and it sucks badly. i have a 98 GT and apparently it was amde in early year of 1998, april i think, anyways the few system is crazy of this car as for you cannot put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it, i cant find a 255lph fuel pump anywhere for it either. the reason i cant install a adj. regulator is because the stock regulator is actually made into the fuel rail and cannot be removed unless it is grinded off or cut.

now my question is, how in the hell do a put a reliable fuel system in my car when they dont make parts for it? now alot of places say that the 97-97 pumps will work. but i have tryed already and trust me they will not fit. all in all i would actually just like to find a way to put in a 255lph pump so i can turn up my nitrous to a 150 shot when i get the chance. the regulator is not worry but is still a hassle.

03 Gt - SOLD!

88 LX Coupe - 308 with a few mods...
Old 09-21-2004, 10:01 PM
has his prioritys ef'd up

Have you looked into the Walbro inline 255 slpiced in with the stock pump as well. i knwo they make a fuel pump, there prtty much all universal. hey if it comes down to it, you can buy a whole Aeromotive kit with sumped tank. Also, MMR (Modular Mustang Racing) makes a kit the previous partner for X2C motorsports, i seen there kits on sale on turbomustangs.com
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)
Old 09-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Mullet Powered

i wasnt really looking to spend that much money just to have enough fuel to run a 150 shot, but the way things are looking im gonna have to do an entire fuel system w/new lines and the works just to have a good fuel pressure.

03 Gt - SOLD!

88 LX Coupe - 308 with a few mods...