Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

header and h-pipe info

Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question header and h-pipe info

i am about to buy some bbk long tubes and i was just wondering about getting ceramic coated or not? i can save 70 bucks if they arnt ceramic. is it worth it or shoul di spend the extra money?

i was also wondering about the h pipe. should i get it with or without converters?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:30 AM
drives euro trash

Are they stainless or mild steel? If they are stainless, do they use stainless in the welds and on the flange as well? If they are completely stainless, you may be able to get away without the coating. But to be on the safe side I'd get them coated regardless. $70 isn't that much money for coating.

Reason I bring this up is I had a "stainless" JBA header rust to shit on my old Focus. Flanges weren't stainless and the welding material wasn't stainless either. Had the coating been better, I probably wouldn't have had these problems.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:37 AM
stock :-\

get the coating. no dought. Lowers underhood temp and keeps them looking good
Old 08-21-2004, 03:45 AM

Get them coated well worth it. Keeps a little heat down and keeps them looking great.

BTW - may want to think about hooker, you can't drop the tranny with BBK's without screwing with the headers first PITA.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:55 AM
I like beer.

The BBK's come ceramic coated inside and out straight from BBK. I had them on my car along with a catless h-pipe. Made great power but wasn't too happy with the overall fit in a few areas. And yes, the passenger side header has to come out if you have to pull the tranny.