Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

fuel rail help plz

Old 07-02-2004, 09:50 AM
stock :-\

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel rail help plz

Im pullin my lower manifold so i take off my heads. I dont want to have pull all the injectors to get the manifold off. theres 2 clips on the fuel rail and it looks like it can be disconnected from there. So i bought a tool from discount for dissassebling fuel rails. it just pulling on it and doesnt seem to help. idk im lost on how to get this thing off. ne suggestions? thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Team Geritol Racing

They won't come off until your hand slips off and you slice your knuckles on the distributor cap, intake or alternator. It's a "feature".
Old 07-02-2004, 12:13 PM

haha ok ill give it a shot..ill wear gloves
Old 07-02-2004, 12:31 PM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by Drewpw4ng
haha ok ill give it a shot..ill wear gloves

No, they won't come off if you use optional equipment to protect your hands.

I hate them.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:44 PM

just did it last week, it will come off, sometimes the tool doesnt want to work, you must hurt both hands to make it go!,tony is right, you may need to start the car up and burn yourself before you start!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:02 PM

Angry

I cant get that bastards OFF@@!
ok the tool is like a X shaped sissor type moving thing. It has 2 sides for different size fuel rails.?? It doesnt seem to do anything at all. hmm where do i put the tool to seperate these things? im still clueless:
Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 PM
refinish artist

Hey Mars,sounds like your trying to explain fucking a girl in the ass!LOL sorry for the hijack
Old 07-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Team Geritol Racing

Awritie then. I'm gonna put this in some non-automotive terms you can understand:

You have PIITB of some beyotch. After a while, you are ready to pull out...but it ain't happening. Why? Because her sphincter has clamped down tight around the pead of your hecker and you can't pull it out. Whatchu gonna do? You can't go to work like this. You've gotta get your dick outta there. Go down to Autozone and get yourself one of those little X scissor looking things and find the right combination on it that just fits around the shaft of your pecker. Cinch it down and slide that puppy all the way up and PIITB up to the rim of your little fireman's hat that is being held captive by the spinchter. Work that tool until it is completely inside the spinchter and causes it to spread out and increase its diameter a little bit. If you do it just right, you can pull your pecker out with a resounding POP and not skin up your knuckles too bad on a butt bone or some kind of wierd piercing. It may take several tries to get that little ring of a spinchter to spread but it can be done.

Personally I like the individual little plastic spinchter spreading tools better than the metal X jobs. But that's just a personal preference kind of thing. Slide that puppy onto the fuel rail side of the fitting and push it into the larger ring looking part. The spinchter is a circular spring up inside there that has to be spread a little . When you get that tool in there under the ring and inside of the circular spring, then you have to pull the other end of the fuel line out of the socket part of the coupler.

Viola, y'all!

Last edited by DrDirt; 07-02-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:43 PM

haha nice. i got it ..thanks