Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

need help with 94 gt

Old 06-20-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with 94 gt

just installed mac equal lenght headers today....what a pain in the ass........made quite a bit of difference..........but now with the x-pipe and the headers on ,seems to be running really rich......and idles rough after running hard. do i need to get a chip and program it to fix this....any ifo is appreciated....thanks
Old 06-20-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Re: need help with 94 gt

Originally posted by Purpwr
just installed mac equal lenght headers today....what a pain in the ass........made quite a bit of difference..........but now with the x-pipe and the headers on ,seems to be running really rich......and idles rough after running hard. do i need to get a chip and program it to fix this....any ifo is appreciated....thanks
Equal lenghts are a bitch. You should have just bought a good shorty header, they're 10 times easier to put on and they don't lose much over equals. As for the runny really rich, did you have an O/R pipe before? If not it may take the computer some time to compensate for it. I can't remember if I had any problems with my '94 when I did my headers, it was about 5 years ago.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro 5oh

what did you do with the o2's
Old 06-20-2004, 07:07 PM

Did you install the X at the same time?... if you had to take the 02s out of the stock Pipe and installed them into the X you probably pissed them off. I had a similar problem when Sam@Coastal did my install. Had to buy new 02s... You should drive it for a day or 2. To give the Computer time to "re-learn" and if still having problems try 02s...

Sn95' Tripple Black Cobra
Mods:Heads/Cam/Intake/Exhaust...just your typical stock mustang...
Old 06-20-2004, 07:39 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

could be an exhaust leak, check for leaks.........

also as said, adding an O/R h pipe x pipe will richen it up a bit anyway, and you will lose a bit of bottom end torque.......
Old 06-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Mullet Powered

MIL eliminators?????

i didnt put them on when i put in the o/r H-pipe and my car ran like shit until i put them on.

03 Gt - SOLD!

88 LX Coupe - 308 with a few mods...
Old 06-21-2004, 06:00 AM

Originally posted by mustangman98
MIL eliminators?????

i didnt put them on when i put in the o/r H-pipe and my car ran like shit until i put them on.
'94's don't have 4 02's.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:36 PM

thanks for all the help... seemed to be running a little bit better today. I installed the x pipe about a month ago and it has been running rich since then. i did put the 02 sensors on the x pipe and they seem to be working fine... after i installed the headers is when i noticed it was running really rich and idling a lot rougher.. but it did a little bit better today, so im gonna give it time.. i havent put the mil eliminators on yet cuz im on a budget. also its weird cuz when i installed the x pipe a while back my check engine light was coming on all the time... but hasnt come on once yet since the header change seems weird to me... anyone know what could cause that? Thanks
Old 06-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by Purpwr
thanks for all the help... seemed to be running a little bit better today. I installed the x pipe about a month ago and it has been running rich since then. i did put the 02 sensors on the x pipe and they seem to be working fine... after i installed the headers is when i noticed it was running really rich and idling a lot rougher.. but it did a little bit better today, so im gonna give it time.. i havent put the mil eliminators on yet cuz im on a budget. also its weird cuz when i installed the x pipe a while back my check engine light was coming on all the time... but hasnt come on once yet since the header change seems weird to me... anyone know what could cause that? Thanks

You can't put mil elims on a '94, there are only two o2 sensors. The computer will start adapting to the changes and it will run better. You can also disconnect your battery for 30-60 minutes and then start the car. It should re-map all the parameters.