Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

End of an Era

Old 06-18-2004, 04:51 PM
drives euro trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy End of an Era

As of today, the SVO is no longer mine. Took a nice $1500 hit off what I originally paid back in January, but given my circumstances it had to be done. This is the first time I have ever not owned a Ford of some type....kind of an odd feeling.

Hopefully things will stabilize with a new job in the coming months. Going to save my money and get my finances/priorities straight before I attempt another project car. Until then, I'm still a mullet at heart and I'll always be at the Ford gatherings.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Ricer In Training

Sorry man . You got a lot more balls than me. Every time I get wound up to sell mine, cause it would be the best thing for me to do right, and get a another project Stang when I'm done with school, I take the cover off the car take one look and I can't do it. It's like breaking up with the love of your life, even though both of you know you're not compatible and not being together is the best thing. I feel your pain. Sometimes we gotta make sacrifices.

The swapped hatch hotness

Slow Five-Oh Rustang
Old 06-18-2004, 06:57 PM
OUCH!!!

If you start to miss it too much, you can come over and seat in the beater. It'll cure you of it in no time.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:10 PM
refinish artist

I know how you feel,the past two days I've been selling parts for cheap as hell and took a deposit on the coupe tonight.Sad two days brother.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Domestic Disturbance

Originally posted by 351coupe
I know how you feel,the past two days I've been selling parts for cheap as hell and took a deposit on the coupe tonight.Sad two days brother.
yeah man, i saw the look on your face up at blue oval today man, its like i said, seeing that kit would make me keep my car
4 mechanically inclined guys:"what the fuck did you just say?"
Old 06-19-2004, 07:25 AM

Alan who bought the car? Did it stay local or is it gone for good?

At least you got it sold so the you have more cash for other stuff.

My Project
Old 06-19-2004, 08:29 AM
drives euro trash

It was sold to a guy in Tarpon Springs. He wanted a reliable vehicle which gets decent gas mileage for his son who starts at USF in the fall.

I was a bit hesitant to sell it to basically a kid, but this guy drove up to my house in a rare and completely restored Desoto. We went to his house, and no lie he has a HUGE garage with about 15 cars (I think 10 were Mustangs from various years, mostly late 60's early 70's). He also had a lime green Roadrunner Daytona (drool), an old Chyrsler 300C (fastest production car back in 1950something), and a fiberglass body old school Mustang drag car (pushing I think 650 to the ground NA). So...I didn't feel bad about giving it away to him as I know it will be in excellent hands. I just hope I don't see the car get screwed up in the USF parking lot.

No money will be spent on the Scion. However once I am again employed I do plan on coilovers and some nice wheels of some sort.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:00 AM
boostmonkey

It went to a nice home. Here is what I remember he had in his stable.

1966 Poppy Red Mustang vert 289
1969 428 Cobra Jet in met blue
1973 Mach 1 in blinding red
1978 Mustang II (!) that was mint and a Ghia
1968 Dan Gurney edition Torino Talledega (rare as SHIT, you wont ever see one)
1969.5 Roadrunner, probably a Hemi
1958 Hemi powered 300 Chrysler
and his 1968 Shelby clone drag car

There were some others in there, but I figured I would hit on the ones that ya'll would like. The Saleen S351 sc vert he had was pretty darn cool as well, but nothing compaired to the rarity of pretty much everything else in that garage. Cool cars indeed.