Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Need opinions

Old 06-11-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need opinions

I wrote this out once before and apperantly when accidently hitting the tab key it wiped the whole thing out. So this is the very short version.

I bought a bushing to mate a v-8 t5 to a 2.3 and without thinking put it into the crank without sliding it over the input shaft. These bushings are a major pia to take out and tend to break a fair amount of the time. I went ahead and called the company and asked what they thought I should do. I was informed that the bushings are cnc machined and it would fit without problem. I asked if he was sure and was told over 100 of these bushings had been sold and no one had ever had a problem. Well you guessed it mine doesn't fit very well. The tranny and motor bolted together but it is tight enough that the input shaft isn't wanting to spin.
I took it to the shop to have them look at it because I thought I had messed up the clutch some how and wasn't sure what I had done wrong. They told me the news about the input shaft.

I called the company back and told them it didn't fit as it was supposed to. The salesman I spoke with said he would refund my money. I told him refunding my money was a good start but I just dropped a decent amount to have a shop to it again just to find out their bushing that they said would fit doesn't fit. The manager is going to call and speak with me but i'm unsure of what they should do for me if anything else. I'm getting my 8 bucks back for the bushing but that doesn't cover much.

What should I expect them to do for me if anything?

My Project