Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Help

Old 06-07-2004, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I'm new to the board only because I need help and I heard that you guys could assist. I am disabled and bought I mustang for my daughter to race. I took it to a place in Spring Hill that claimed that they were the BEST in the area and that they do an honest business. Well, when I got her car back the parts that I paid for are nowhere to be found and the owner of the shop isn't returning any of my calls. The car runs much worse now than before and they claim they didn't do anything to it. I mean, even the fans and some of the wiring are different. I keep getting the run around from these men and don't know what course of action to take. I've never heard of such a thing. We spend over 1200.00 with these guys and I can't even get a return call. Now all of my parts have vanished and they all have a case of amnesia. My girl is heartbroken because the car just sits in the garage and on my disability income I can't afford to fix it. What should I do? Help! These guys go to all of the mustang events and I should have known something was foul because their cars are always broken. Any assistance would be appreciated. I wish there was a way to boycot these guys and people like them who take advantage of those who are just getting started with racing. Thank you.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Team Geritol Racing

What parts are you talking about? Did you already have them and they were supposed to install them or were you getting the parts from them too. Also, what year Mustang? Shop name?
Old 06-07-2004, 07:06 AM

Well, we'd rather not name the place just now. I'd like to give them another chance. I don't know why they have to act like this. We were paying customers. Aerospace brakes, American Thunder exhaust, Carb, fittings, etc... for an 88GT I bought in Georgia. All bought and paid for in full. Now disappeared. I just need some advice on what course of action to take. Needless to say, I am beyond mad but more hurt and now feel like a fool for trusting these people.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:05 AM
brings his heater.

sounds like a real speed parts production, did they move or something?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM

That really sucks dude! There was a shop in Pinellas Park that did that to a buddy of mine too. He left his stuff there thinkin they was workin on it then they moved somewere and took the stuff with them. He aint heard from them since. I would call the cops or if that's not an option 8 on your side or Fox 13 news. Definately the BBB. Any help needed don't hesitate to ask.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Team Geritol Racing

I'd get the cops in on the action. It should be obvious that the parts aren't on the car so theft or fraud shouldn't be too hard to show. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of shops around that deal like that. Best to get recommendations from someplace like this before you go somewhere. Maybe the prospect of the heat stepping in might be enough to bring them around.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:35 AM

I plan to do that. Also the BBB. I just wish there was something else that could be done to get the word out about this shop.