Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Drag Racing borring???

Old 06-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Daddy-O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Racing borring???

Those who say it's borring or doesn't require much skill needed to be in the passenger seat this evening with me...

Let's just say that I got a little loose, came a foot or two from stuffing it into the wall and took out a couple of little orange blocks too...

Need to figure out if the suspension setup is off or if it's just the driver not being used to a new car..

On to the next game....
Old 06-03-2004, 08:45 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Drag racing is insanely fun. If people get bored drag racing then they must be running 18s.

Wait .. I even had fun racing my friends 18.32 honda accord. They must not have a pulse if they don't like drag racing
Old 06-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro 5oh

I thought I saw you out derek I had to pick up a part from todd (the nitrous guy) Run good?
Old 06-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

damn now that sound like fun.besides almost eating the wall.the orange blocks always get in the way.drifting on the strip
Old 06-04-2004, 04:06 AM
Need To Get Quicker

"Drifting on the strip" is putting it lightly! I saw the entire right side of Derek's car from the starting line when he was about 250 feet out. At 300 feet I saw the left side and at 350 feet I saw the right side again.

Nice save Derek.
www.fordspeedracing.com
Old 06-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Daddy-O

Thanks Joe. We'll get this thing figured out... Let me know if you guys want me to bring it up to the shop to check out the anti-roll bar, etc.. I wouldn't mind putting back on an alignment rack just to have them double check,and take a look at the rear uppers this time...
Old 06-04-2004, 06:09 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Dayum! Don't bend that thing. I don't want to have to buy more of your leftover, castoff parts.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Slower Than Dial-up...

Generally, the people who say that, do have a slow car. Or something with low amounts of tq.

However, I also understand what the small percentage of people who say that and what they mean. And that would be those who tend to road race (I.E. auto-x) To make a long story short, take what ever car you have on a drag strip and put it on a road course and it is going to be much more challenging than going in a straight line.

Haven't taken the truck to an auto-x event in a while because it's very demanding on tires and brakes. But I will soon, hopefully.
I like both forms of racing but most don't. Don't get me wrong driving anything that runs at least low 13's is some what challenging. And running mid 10's is a chore. But running a 10 second beast through a series of chicanes followed by a hairpin. And good luck on holding your apex.

Sorry to ramble on a tyraid. Just had to get my 2 cents out.

Disclamer, this post in no way was aimed at, or intended to piss anyone off. Any offense of this sort was solely an accident.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Civic Racing eXperiment

Originally posted by TheShow50h
Drag racing is insanely fun. If people get bored drag racing then they must be running 18s.

Wait .. I even had fun racing my friends 18.32 honda accord. They must not have a pulse if they don't like drag racing

+1