Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

GT-40 marine heads?

Old 05-30-2004, 11:14 PM
chillin the most

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT-40 marine heads?

anyone ever hear of such a thing?

heres the deal: after my engine blew up at Watkins Glen a few years ago I bought what I though was a GT-40 crate engine from Ford so I could just throw it in to finish out the season. I ran it for the next season while I was building my current engine and now it is in garage waiting to be rebuilt. I was looking at it one day and noticed that the heads didn't resemble the other 2 sets of cast iron GT-40 heads I have. I got the casting # off them and called the Ford Motorsport hotline to bitch and they told me that they are the marine version and the engine will produce the rated 270hp.

I am kinda annoyed because I bought the engine because the a/sedan rules require only the GT-40 heads that came on Cobras or sold through Motorsport. I forget the casting #'s but they are specified in the rules and these #'s are not included. Plus they look like pieces of crap, the exhaust ports look like the E5TE heads that came stock on my '85 GT, with the thermactor bump going from valve guide almost all the way to exit of port.

Anyone want to buy a set of marine GT-40 heads?
Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Mullet Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

owned....................

if they are free ill take em off your hands, otherwise good luck on getting rid of em

03 Gt - SOLD!

88 LX Coupe - 308 with a few mods...