Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

2.3t guys check this out.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.3t guys check this out.

I posted this on tf but a few of you local guys might not have seen it. I'm excitied to say the least. This is one of the Huber Headers.

The header debate that was going on at tf showed several near stock cars gain 30rwhp with a header and I beleive this log will actually flow more then any of the tube headers out there.

http://www.huberperformance.com/ He runs the same exact header to the tune of mid 9's at about 135 mph no nitrous. I think it will be more then enough for my set up.

Thanks to Lee for letting me snap these pics with his digital.
Alan it has a tial flange already so i'm trying to see what I can scrape together money wise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
header.jpg (124.5 KB, 155 views)
Old 04-30-2004, 07:36 AM
drives euro trash

Nice looking header. The EGR hookup is nice for those still trying to comply to emissions. Do they make one that is offset for those running A/C? That center mount doesn't allow enough room for the A/C compressor and lines.

Just let me know about the wastegate.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:40 AM

Alan that's not an egr hook up it a tail style gate flange on the end. I never even thought about it clearing the a/c. I dunno if it would still fit or not the turbo is moved 2 inchs forward.

If you noticed what looks like a mess up in the location/angle of the flange it is so the turbo sits level in the car and will give more clereance to the bottom front.

My Project
Old 04-30-2004, 08:26 AM
drives euro trash

Originally posted by plazma
Alan that's not an egr hook up it a tail style gate flange on the end. I never even thought about it clearing the a/c. I dunno if it would still fit or not the turbo is moved 2 inchs forward.

If you noticed what looks like a mess up in the location/angle of the flange it is so the turbo sits level in the car and will give more clereance to the bottom front.
Hmmmm...Interesting location for a wastegate. Do you think there will be any clearance issues with the firewall and the misc coolant lines? It does put it in a nice location relative to the downpipe to recirculate the wastegate.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:57 AM

Yeah that's me. I'm not to vocal here unless I think I can help or think someone can help me.

The firewall and coolant lines are fine. Obviously you need to make yourself new lines to the turbo because of the location. The gate isn't to big to have a problem as far as I know. Maybe if you ran a larger sized gate then the tial you might have some issues.
I'm not sure on the recirculation of the gate. Not sure if it is even nessary or if you can get away with just venting it. Also I wonder how loud it would be.

When I get the setup together sam at costal will be dyno tuning it and hopefully it will make some impressive numbers.

My Project
Old 04-30-2004, 10:15 AM
drives euro trash

Originally posted by plazma
Yeah that's me. I'm not to vocal here unless I think I can help or think someone can help me.

The firewall and coolant lines are fine. Obviously you need to make yourself new lines to the turbo because of the location. The gate isn't to big to have a problem as far as I know. Maybe if you ran a larger sized gate then the tial you might have some issues.
I'm not sure on the recirculation of the gate. Not sure if it is even nessary or if you can get away with just venting it. Also I wonder how loud it would be.

When I get the setup together sam at costal will be dyno tuning it and hopefully it will make some impressive numbers.
I personally prefer a recirculated wastegate. Most that vent to atmosphere are quit loud and annoying. Plus it is very easy to recirculate. My wastegate already comes with a flange and flex discharge tube to make integration into the downpipe easier.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:04 PM

I've never really heard one of these cars with an external gate that is open. I'll most likely run it open for now and then see what it will sound like. :o

I like the fact this log is heavy duty and doesn't require any of the support brackets. The flange it self is like a 5/8 inch thick. I still need to come up with the oil feed and return lines as well as the coolant lines. I thinking of just going to amazon rather then making my own lines with an fitting and what not.

The header is cool in the fact that where they did weld stuff it wasn't lined up then welded. They welded the one piece to a slightly larger piece. The inside of the header is actually a stepped type of design.

Clay (owner of tf) just ordered one yesterday.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:22 PM
drives euro trash

About the oil feed line: I built my own oil feed line from a write-up/website created by one of the members on turboford.org. Between Amazon hose for the stainless/teflon hose and AR fittings, and Home Depot for the misc fittings, I spent under $25. Looks great and it gave me an extra fitting to easily hook up my oil pressure gauge.