Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Nitrous Question

Old 01-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nitrous Question

Hey, my plans are to buy a Mustang 5.0, but some money problems have set that back a bit. Still, I'm going to buy one, although I just wanted to ask a few thigns about using Nitrous. Is there any kit that would work on the 5.0, and also that I could throw on my current car - a 3.4L v6 Firebird - and just mess around with it and get a feel for it in a more stable and less powerful car first? I'm aware that dry kits are prety universal, I was wondering how safe they are, espically compared to wet kits, and if there are any wet kits that might somehow mount on both anyhow.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:51 PM

Probably an NOS 05115 kit. It's an adjustable kit from 50-150 and it's a dry nozzle kit. I would personally go with dry which is what I ran on my 5.0 for a long time. It's very easy to install and even easier to tune. It would probably fit on ur v6 as well if you have a regulator on it to spike the fuel.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:14 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

i'd get a universal wet kit, as long as there is a check valve on one of the fuel rail's, it will work on any car.......

dry kits will also work on about any car with a vaccum FPR, you just might have to fab up a different bracket to hold the solenoids or something .........

most nitrous kits are the same basic stuff with different brackets and or different lenth hoses wires ETC...........

just make sure you have any car you hook it up to wideband 02'd to make sure its not running lean, and run copper or non platinum plugs and a good fuel pump, basic shit and it should work great if you dont go nuts with it..........

on a 3.4 firebird i woldn't do mor thane a 50 shot or so...........
Old 01-08-2004, 07:07 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Nitrous is definately in my future as well. How well did your engine/drivetrains hold up to whatever shot you were running?
Old 01-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally posted by N20D5OH
Probably an NOS 05115 kit. It's an adjustable kit from 50-150 and it's a dry nozzle kit. I would personally go with dry which is what I ran on my 5.0 for a long time. It's very easy to install and even easier to tune. It would probably fit on ur v6 as well if you have a regulator on it to spike the fuel.
I see, well thats 600 bucks right off the bat for Stage I. I guess I should be able to run that on my Bird in the mean time? Dunno, I'm just curious to see exactly what besides the afore mentioned I need to mount a V8 injection system on a V6... Just for the record, and because I'm still doing research on the Nitrous stuff, I will be able to knock that down nice 'n small to something like a 50 shot so that my little 3.4L engine doesn't go kaboom, right? And yeah, if anything this looks pretty easy to setup and use. As far as when I get it on the 5.0, if I take that little Stage I into there, it'll pump an assload more power, right?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:08 PM

should be plenty for high 12s with a 125 shot.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:00 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

Originally posted by vip18971
I see, well thats 600 bucks right off the bat for Stage I. I guess I should be able to run that on my Bird in the mean time? Dunno, I'm just curious to see exactly what besides the afore mentioned I need to mount a V8 injection system on a V6... Just for the record, and because I'm still doing research on the Nitrous stuff, I will be able to knock that down nice 'n small to something like a 50 shot so that my little 3.4L engine doesn't go kaboom, right? And yeah, if anything this looks pretty easy to setup and use. As far as when I get it on the 5.0, if I take that little Stage I into there, it'll pump an assload more power, right?

on this kit you wont have to change anything to the fuel system except for a larger fuel pump,

you can change the jets to regulate the amount of fuel and nitrous flow, just remember that kit is going to have jettings for a mustang, not a 3.4 so you may have to play around with them to find what works right..

just go to a dyno with a good wideband and play with the jets till you find a good mix, and remember to watch the bottle pressure when you do this, because it can mess you up, normally after a pass with the nitrous it starts to freeze in the bottle and drops the pressure, if you dyno it with lower pressure your prolly going to think it is too rich and change the fuel jet, but when the pressure is high again once it gets warm, it could give you a lean condition.........

just have someone who is familiar with nitrous help you out with the tune, installation shouldnt be a problem if you are somewhat mechannically inclined, but you could make some stupid mistakes if you dont have experience and or do research...........

nirous is safe and fun when tuned right ! just check, doble check, triple check the first time and then you should be safe from then on...........
Old 01-09-2004, 03:09 PM

I went 12.3's @ 110 with that kit, gears, exhaust, pulleys and slicks. My car took over 100 passes without any drivetrain failure. I think it was due to a clutch that was kind of slipping, but not enough to slow me down too much obviously. This was also in a heavy ass SN-95. I was running a 150 shot by the way.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by N20D5OH
I went 12.3's @ 110 with that kit, gears, exhaust, pulleys and slicks. My car took over 100 passes without any drivetrain failure. I think it was due to a clutch that was kind of slipping, but not enough to slow me down too much obviously. This was also in a heavy ass SN-95. I was running a 150 shot by the way.
wow. That'll help my confidence level. Spraying right off the line or waiting a bit in 1st?