Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Bad news for the Cobra.

Old 11-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Prick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad news for the Cobra.

I had a shop put eiback springs in my 03 Cobra in the rear and the car felt really loose. I took off the rear tires and discovered that the bottom rubber peices were not installed. I don't think that is a big deal, but the drivers side top rubber molding is half in and half out. They did not set the spring with the round rubber piece in the top properly. Also I have no idea if they set the spring in the same place as the stock one was.

Soooo my questions are:
1) How important is the placement of the eiback in relation to were the stock one was when they took it out.

2) I know I can get the spring back on the rubber molding, but could the loose feeling also come from the spring placement?

3) I have been told that with the Eibacks you dont have have a CC kit. 2 shops said yes 2 shops said no. I already had the ailignment done but the "tech" said it was barely in spec.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2003, 06:09 PM
357 monster

in the box for the springs there should be instructions,they should tell you where the spring end should sit in the perch.I dont see the "loose feeling"coming from the spring placement.And it all depends on the car.some you can get away with it and some you cant.If you can swing it I would get the C.C. plates anyways,the loose feeling might come from the car crawling around because you have changed the center of the car.the load on the suspension has changed.c.c. plates will ifix that if set up right.

Last edited by quick-aod; 11-18-2003 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
pwns.

EIBACH