Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Big sigh of relief...

Old 09-23-2003, 03:21 PM
WIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big sigh of relief...

Hadn't talked to too many people about this in here over the last month or so, but back in July before I left for New York I was having some really weird vision problems where I was actually having what you'd call heat shimmer in my peripheral vision.

Went to the eye doctor back then and he chalked it up to migraines. So I went on vacation without too much of a thought about it.

When I got back from vacation, the vision hadn't got much better and it was starting to happen more often and last longer so I went back to the eye doctor and he said everything looked fine but I should check with my general doctor. Went to him and he sent me over to an opthamologist. They looked at my eyes from just about every angle and came up with nothing eye related. Matter of fact, the night Ryan came over to look at the shop was after this appointment.. wouldn't be surprised if there were rumours about my drug use since I had no color in my eyes what-so-ever.. I was all pupil

So anyhow... they decided that they then needed to look into my brain.. so they set me up for an MRI. Last Thursday I got the results back and they stated that they found what appeared to be an Arachnoid Cyst located at the back of my head and now they want me to go to a Neurosurgeon. Needless to say, with my family's history of cancer.. we were in some pretty serious shock around here. Unfortunately at the time, they were not going to be able to get me into the brain doctor until October 9th. So all car plans (and any other plans for that matter) got put on hold until I understood what my situation was.

As it so happens, a buddy of mine came over this past weekend to work on his son's 4 banger Mustang (which is something I'm going to have to bring up with some of you guys). His wife just happened to know the neurosurgeon I am going to and she said she'd call the doc first thing Monday to see if they could get me in sooner. She called me Monday afternoon to let me know that they'd get me in today at 3PM.

The visit today went well. The doc said that yes I did have a cyst on my brain, but it was small, and has probably been there most of my life, and that it wasn't any cause for concern.

So I still have the vision thing to contend with.. but if it is just migraines then I'm sure the my regular doctor will have some good shit for that

So here's your Ford content... I'm ready to put my parts in Joe!!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:16 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Glad to hear everything is ok. Still not in the clear with the blurred peripheral vision, but good luck.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:33 PM

Good to hear your doing alright. Hope everythin works out.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:36 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

its from all them beans man , raving will leave some scars on the brain... but whats better? a lifetime of good health, or one night of rubbing another guys back?
Old 09-23-2003, 08:45 PM
finally painted the car!

Originally posted by stangerang
its from all them beans man , raving will leave some scars on the brain... but whats better? a lifetime of good health, or one night of rubbing another guys back?
WTF?
Glad to hear it turned out not to be so bad. Maybe its time for some new

Old 09-24-2003, 03:55 AM
WIP

Originally posted by the anti-rice
WTF?
Glad to hear it turned out not to be so bad. Maybe its time for some new
I have absolutely no clue... looks like Dustin has been taking too many nips from Grampa's moonshine

As for glasses... nope... eyes are healthy (though I've got the early signs of glaucoma.. no big surprise there... time to go back to some herbal meds then )

I will be going to get my eyes done this spring though.. I'm tired of the whole contacts/glasses thing.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:35 PM
WIP

Well dammit... perhaps not yet. Doc's office called me today to say that they wanted a set of high contrast MRI's done now just to make sure everything is OK. So I'm back on hold until sometime next week.

Please keep your arms inside the cart at all times....