Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

The cost to play with the big boys!

Old 09-18-2003, 02:12 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the SI back dog, an SI will rock an 03 anyday.............

just autocross the SI and you can beat f1 cars and shit YO !
Old 09-18-2003, 03:16 PM
The Freak

Originally posted by stangerang
get the SI back dog, an SI will rock an 03 anyday.............

just autocross the SI and you can beat f1 cars and shit YO !
What an asshole!! My vote goes to the Coupe. For reasons stated above.

Matt
Old 09-18-2003, 04:30 PM
The 6th Deadly Venom

If you like to race at all, get the coupe. The coupe is already too heavy (3665), the vert is 3750-3800. For racing, having the coupe will make everything much easier for you.

I would not recommend Kenny Brown. Maximum Motorsports and Griggs racing are the ONLY two places I would go for suspension parts. But this is the thing. . . I think you will be suprised how well the 03 cobra handles. Most people think that because its a mustang, they have to mod the suspension for it to handle well. Before I bought the 03 I was already planning on buying the full suspension package from griggs for around $2,000. But SVT really did an awsome job with this car. All I have is springs/cc plates/ 18'' rim/tires and I bet my car handles better than your Si. (please do not take offense to that, I think its great your getting an 03 and I just want to offer some advice to save you time and money)

If you want to road race, all you need is some better brakes and your good to go. This car makes so much instant power you will find that you don't need much at all to go really fast at the track.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:47 PM

We are going to need an 03 cobra forum at this rate!
Old 09-18-2003, 05:02 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Definitely get the coupe. That extra money could go towards bolt-ons sufficient for almost 500 whp (I like to overestimate ). Would you rather have a stock convertible, or a bpu+ coupe that is faster than the convertible even stock?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:40 PM
whoopdy fucking do!

Originally posted by Matts50
What an asshole!!
Matt
easy there champ, i was just thinking: if he gets beat in the 03, there is no "meet me at the autocross" excuse.

the 03 cobra is by far the best buy on the market.........

there are plenty of people seeing well over 600hp on the stock longblock...........

stock for stock it kicks ass, and if you do decide to get a bit more pep from it, you have plenty of room to do so............. and even better, they have many mods available that are relativly cheap that get you alot of HP... such as exhaust, pully and such..........

and as far as the mustangs flexing and such, they cured that in 94 when they switched to the sn95... the foxes flex so much it is scary, but the sn95 are really stiff cars........... even the verts........
Old 09-18-2003, 09:42 PM
The Freak

Originally posted by stangerang
easy there champ, i was just thinking: if he gets beat in the 03, there is no "meet me at the autocross" excuse.

the 03 cobra is by far the best buy on the market.........

there are plenty of people seeing well over 600hp on the stock longblock...........

stock for stock it kicks ass, and if you do decide to get a bit more pep from it, you have plenty of room to do so............. and even better, they have many mods available that are relativly cheap that get you alot of HP... such as exhaust, pully and such..........

and as far as the mustangs flexing and such, they cured that in 94 when they switched to the sn95... the foxes flex so much it is scary, but the sn95 are really stiff cars........... even the verts........
No need to explain. I found your comment pretty funny!

Matt
Old 09-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Shake n' Bake

"......Rollin in my 4.6 with my ragtop down so my hair can blow, the girlies on stand by waiting just too say hi...."