Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/)
-   -   turbo ranger? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/109452-turbo-ranger.html)

TurboRanger91 09-17-2003 04:18 PM

turbo ranger?

anyone in the area got a 2.3 turbo ranger?

Scott 09-17-2003 05:05 PM

Not that I know of but ForceFed23 is our resident 2.3 expert.

Just Dave 09-17-2003 05:09 PM

Actually there is one on the board. I forgot what his name is on here, but he's got a 5.0 ranger and a 2.3 T ranger. So you decided on the Turbo 2.3 swap instead of the twin turbo 4.0? If you need a hand, PM me or email me at mustang@tampabay.rr.com Have you ever been to www.turboford.org? There's a few turbo rangers running around there.

TurboRanger91 09-17-2003 05:31 PM

actually, forcefed, i was checking out your website earlier and read up on your mustang... man that thing is sweet. I did have some problems with my swap but i was able to take care of them fairly easily. for instance the alternator bracket, the one of the turbo motor would not bolt onto my original alternator so i had to fab my original bracket so that it would clear the intake manifold. then the wiring harness, not that big of a deal but i do have to modify it a little. but other than that the swap went pretty well and it should be on the road in a day or two. due to time consraints i wasn't able to build up the motor or dress it up at all so right now it looks a little sad but it won't stay thay way for long. if you could try to find out the name of the guy with the other rangers and let me know, i'd like to see how his is done maybe give me some ideas.

Josh

Just Dave 09-17-2003 06:05 PM

It may be PowerRanger92. I met him at a dyno day when he had his 5.0 Ranger there. I think he works at the Copher's on Causeway Blvd in Tampa, and I think his name is Jeff. May want to call and ask if anyone drives a V8 Ranger there. He seemed like a pretty cool guy.

So this is going into a 91 Ranger? What year Turbo motor did you use?

There was talk on Turboford about a Dyno day in a month or so at Secret Services. This may be a neat way to meet some other locals with Turbo 2.3's.

TurboRanger91 09-18-2003 04:37 PM

i'll check into that. thanks for the input and maybe i'll see you there

StreetDriven 09-19-2003 01:25 PM

I seen a few in mags before, one was running low 13's all day long. I think its a cool swap i was going to do it to my 92 ranger at one time.

Gaelic Vyk 09-19-2003 03:15 PM

could his name be Trevor? he works at Cophers and has a tan V8 ranger with cobra r's and a turbo ranger that hes ripping out the 2.3T and dropping in another 5.0.

Just Dave 09-19-2003 04:44 PM

That would be him. What is his name on the board? Nice guy but haven't heard from him in a while.

I know he bought the Turbo conversion done and said there were some issues (the swap was done all wrong), but its a shame he's swapping another 5.0 in cause they can run good when done right.

Graves 09-22-2003 08:14 AM

<---- in the process of building a 5.0 ranger.