Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

What happen to the 03 Cobras at Track Day?

Old 09-18-2003, 05:12 PM
boostmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MinGreyCobra
bleh! I know everything!! I'm billy badass!!! bleh!!!

What does Right Hand Drive have to do with anything?
That is what they drive in Australia. Zate is from Australia. Hence, he is probably very adept at driving a RHD car, especially a manual transmissioned one, in an agressive fashon. This is unlike here in the United States of America, where we drive on the left side of the car.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Most of the cars that you can really rip off a good powershift on are RWD cars with the shifter mounted directly on the tranny (not connected w/rods or cables ala Honda). You do lift slightly, but you really have to know your transmission very well to know if you are going to hit or miss. It's all by feel really. Easier demonstrated than explained. Maybe Scott can elaborate a bit more...sleepy time pills kicking in.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

Originally posted by Aharon
12.6 @ 112 was my best. With a 1.8 60 foot, which is great for me!

Throw out bearing is SHOT.. It rattles so loud you can hear me approaching from over a block away.. lol.. And I cant chirp 2nd for the life of me, the RPM's just go up and slowing drop back down while the clutch catches. I am sure the 315's didnt help my clutch much either

Stage 3 here I come.
nice times,now i can see what a cobra really runs.Love to run ya sometime.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:33 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally posted by solo_mata_me
Most of the cars that you can really rip off a good powershift on are RWD cars with the shifter mounted directly on the tranny (not connected w/rods or cables ala Honda). You do lift slightly, but you really have to know your transmission very well to know if you are going to hit or miss. It's all by feel really. Easier demonstrated than explained. Maybe Scott can elaborate a bit more...sleepy time pills kicking in.
Oh, yeah, the laser is running off of a cable shift, too. I haven't tried it in the laser because dsm trannies are problematic to start with and mine is a 75000 mile example that was abused by it's past owner. One screwed up attempt at powershifting and it would probably be time for a transmission rebuild.

I'd love to get a ride in a car to see it demonstrated, but pretty much anybody capable of doing it is going to have too fast of a car for a track ride-along.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:19 PM

Why does everyone always get so worked up when I run a 12.6? I think my time is fine.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

I'm no mustang man but what i've seen this is a good time for your car.I have raced several and that sounds right.There was one at Drag Wars that ran 13.5 on street tires(spinning of course).Nice car.I hope we happen to bump into each other some time.I love racing supercharged mustangs.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Camera Car!

Originally posted by Aharon
Why does everyone always get so worked up when I run a 12.6? I think my time is fine.
If people did not know your horsepower #'s your time would be fine Just kidding.. No I am not... I personally think your car is a 11 sec machine ALL DAY LONG.. You just have to figure out a way to get it there..

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 09-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

Originally posted by DaTruth
If people did not know your horsepower #'s your time would be fine Just kidding.. No I am not... I personally think your car is a 11 sec machine ALL DAY LONG.. You just have to figure out a way to get it there..
I would agree with you Vince,just wondering why did you think my car wouldnt run 12's with the power i have.I might even hit an 11 myself.I wuold love to race this car,hopefully he will take me up on it.