The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

a courageous battle

Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
POTENTIALLY FAST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a courageous battle

I haven't been posting here so much lately, life gets in the way.
to tell the truth my mom has been battling cancer for a few years and things went to hell a few months ago and got worse around christmas time.
My mom passed away last week. I've been pretty quiet about it but it is a humbling experience to watch someone you love and idolize die a slow painful death. I'm not looking for sympathy, I cried enough last week. I just want to say to all those who have lost someone close to them or have someone close to them battling cancer, be strong. Many win if caught early enough.

and Tony if you read this my heart really goes out to you, I've met you at the Badrap car show, on Gandy, bought parts from you, and my son has met you and you are a truly nice man and I believe a great person. I wish you strength and peace and my prayers.

Don't want to beat it to death, it's time to heal for my family. I've always been one to try to find reasons to laugh at life. Peace my Tampa Racing Brothers (and sisters?)
Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
stang stroker

Sorry for your lost Rick my prayers to your family!! I go in friday for a biopsy myself!! prayers appreciated!!

Pony Express Racing

Team Lopez motorsports

Tampa horsemen motorsports
Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 AM
finally painted the car!

Sorry to hear, Rick. My grandmother went the same way a few years ago. Tough to sit and watch no doubt!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
I gota Cheby

sorry for your loss, wish you the best and prayers for you. Andel

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 02-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Originally Posted by racingrick
and Tony if you read this my heart really goes out to you, I've met you at the Badrap car show, on Gandy, bought parts from you, and my son has met you and you are a truly nice man and I believe a great person. I wish you strength and peace and my prayers.
Yes, I finally got back on, Rick. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother in '05 to Pancreatic cancer, the same insidious POS cancer that I'm fighting. It was rugged watching her die. You will make it through.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would disagree with you though. But, I tend to give as I receive so those words reflect on you as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 AM
POTENTIALLY FAST

thanks man