The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Ran the ole' bucket on 30lbs of boost for the first time....

Old 12-29-2011, 07:17 AM
You can thank me later...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you maybe considered I have already made some runs at the track thus why I have popped back up ? Just something to think about.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by cochese
Bro don't tell me its got a wood handle, I think I seen it somewhere lmao......
Yes it does have a wood handle. Works just as good as one of those overpriced Snap-On ones too.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 AM

#1 I left my charger for my laptop at home.
#2 couldn't find a screwdriver
#3 the peaky dyno gave me false info
#4 to much oil in my rear shocks
#5 bought a new house
#6 my exhaust hit my front wheel
#7 to many people around
#8 because I hyped my car up so much I cant back it up

The list goes on, I don't know...

Hmmm..... Mike you and Scott should lock something in, both street driven cars any day of the week. Both of you are 3200 or over, both can drive 100 miles to the track, both run slicks, and his engine builder built Matt and Jay's record setting celica and mustang motors and some ray guys motor!!!!!! Mike I would def ask for something though, Scotts car made 31.2848873939872849 lbs of boost!!

That car has some catching up to do, glad Scott finally got his life back together. Now its time to man up or quit making usless threads and put that piece of shit back in the garage for another two years.
I think it is hilarious you can think of all these things from so many years ago. However you never did answer why you did not run your car like the guy asked ? Why didn't you run after getting the car to the track ?

My life has been together for a while now it has a lot to do with why I am not on here much. lol
PM or E-mail Me If you are Looking To Buy/Sell/Rent A Home.
Special TR Bonus For Using My Services.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:27 AM

Shit if its so easy for him, you must be sand bagging lol. You have been at it consistently for the last two years, and he has been on his keyboard for the last four years lol. Do it on pump gas and put both of us on blast, are you going back out jan21 for dh14 make up?
Actually I have not been on here much at all the last four years, much like most of the other old school people that moved on with life aparantley. Don't get me wrong I still love car stuff, it's just not even a close priority any more. And by the looks of the Ford forum it seems others have done the same.

Someone has to be the local bad ass track guy that everyone aspires to be, I am glad you are getting your chance at it. It seems as if most of the others have retired or moved on. Sad to see I guess.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Chucking up the Dueces

Originally Posted by Scott
It spun the tires on Sam's dyno, I have a picture of big Vince sitting on the back of the car if you would like that . Of what relevance is this ?
because you should tell sam to turn off his load setting on his mustang dyno lmao, or you should see if you make your big numbers on a peaky supra dyno...ill pay for it, I bet anything it doesn't spin
Aerospace Components
ProFab Performance
R.I automotive
C.R.T transmisions
5.13@145mph
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Chucking up the Dueces

Im only back on here because of you, I lurk from time to time. I would much rather see you in person at the track, hope to see you out there
Aerospace Components
ProFab Performance
R.I automotive
C.R.T transmisions
5.13@145mph
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Chucking up the Dueces

Im only back on here because of you, I lurk from time to time. I would much rather see you in person at the track, hope to see you out there
Aerospace Components
ProFab Performance
R.I automotive
C.R.T transmisions
5.13@145mph
Old 12-29-2011, 07:56 AM

Man I got to throw a flag, I was waiting for you to come in but I guess thats not happening.
306ci with a 1050....Bull fucking shit. The same guy who built your carb built mine...Rodger at C&S if my memory serves me correctly.
Why is it that he jumps you up to a 1050 when he built me a 650 and we have the same cubes??? And don't say because of the diffrence from a 76mm to a 82mm.
also if your motor builder is the fucking man like you say he is, why the fuck would he use a F cam in a motor that he had the block xrayed. Dosent make sence at all, unless your that fucking cheap or your lying. I mean seriously they are so advanced in making cams now days that he could have got you a killer cam that was more suitable for your app and performed great street driving. At least I can tell people that Fulco uses alphabet cams in his turbo motors, thanks for clearing that up.
Damn two pages later and you are back to this, there must have been some big discussion about this over at race central.

Ok here we go:

I know who built your carb because you contacted me about it and I gave you the name. I probably still have the PM. I originally got a 900 and then sent it back to have some new technology that Roger came up with that put an air bleed in the carb stud that holds that hat on. It's been almost four years so I can't remember the exact name but I think it is a boost reference thing that was developed for cars that actually drive on the street. At that time they made the carb bigger, pretty sure it is a 1050 could be a 950 but bigger than 900 for sure. Not going to guess why he gave you a 650 but that seems to small. I am sure turbo size, rpm's, heads, etc. all came into play. It works like a champ but is about to go back to him because the back of the carb is corroding from sitting to long with leaded fuel in it.

When Toyota, Ford, and a major NASCAR team get in line for your services I think that makes your rep pretty good right ? When your motors hold a ton of records I guess that is good right ? So I guess that could make him the man. You don't even know the guy but hate on him when ever you can. The only reason I can think you hate on him is because the envy other people you know have for him. If not what is it ? The guy is smart as shit, not some dumb hillbilly that builds motors like so many other shops, and takes pride in what he does. All rare for motor shops for sure.

We used a F cam because I wanted to keep the heads and cam I had on the old motor to carry over to the new motor. I had a million reasons why I wanted to do this, half of which I can't even rememebr anymore, but the main one was I wanted to see what a properly built bottom end would do with carrying over the same cam and heads. Plus a solid roller is not exactly street friendly. Fulco tried to talk me out of it a hundred times but went along with it. Funny thing is he has the motor running at 105 lbs of oil pressure under load so we had to get special hydraulic lifters to handle that and with that much oil pressure being pumped into the lifters it is practically a solid roller anyway. The long term plan was to change it out for a solid roller later on and some killer heads. Afterall the heads I have cost me $900 from Summit 10 years ago. Far from slick and trick. Yeah they are ported all to hell and have slightly bigger valves but at the end of the day they are still Edelbrock Performer RPM's. And yes we actually x-rayed three blocks before we settled on one that he liked all the way around. What a pain in the ass that was picking up three blocks from Brandon Ford.

Of course it doesn't make sense because you know none of the back story or what the goals and plans were. I wasn't out to build some all out race car. Just like I don't know your plans or story and I don't bother to think about it nor continue to obsess about it five years later either. Know this though, if I would have set out to build some all out race car it would have gotten done. I had the resources, connections at the time, the disposable income, and the ability to do it. But I did not choose that route. I wanted a car that I could drive on the street and knock of 8's with relatove ease at the track. I got a 9.31 @148 on 18 lbs of boost on a motor that was built for and has taken 30lbs. on the street. If you don't think I can knock off .4 tenths with a few more lbs of boost much less another 12lbs on tap your fooling yourself.

Hopefully that clears up all of you long pondered questions. Bottom line I can give a shit what anyone else thinks or says, I never have. It all looks like some sort of envy to me that I am not looking for at the end of the day so I think it's fun to read. Perhaps that is the difference between you and me, you are looking to impress others where as I have never given a crap. Heck I did not run my car at half of the 20 private events I hosted at BMP. I enjoyed watching others.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Chucking up the Dueces

Lol, 8's or bust... park that shit in the garage
Aerospace Components
ProFab Performance
R.I automotive
C.R.T transmisions
5.13@145mph
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Scott
does. It all looks like some sort of envy to me that I am not looking for at the end of the day so I think it's fun to read. Perhaps that is the difference between you and me, you are looking to impress others where as I have never given a crap. Heck I did not run my car at half of the 20 private events I hosted at BMP. I enjoyed watching others.
Sure, we envy you and the bench you race on.

Ok,so you built a car that can go 8's "easy" "but choose not to", "I'd rather watch"???? Are you fucking serious?

Quick Reply: Ran the ole' bucket on 30lbs of boost for the first time....