The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Crash Stories (mustang related)

Old 04-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash Stories (mustang related)

You hear about the "war" stories. Tell us about your crash stories. Remember to entertain the reader. (Funny stories with nobody injured)

Will accept damage/carnage stories.

Can be "this one dude" stories if you don't want to admit it was yourself.

So, this one dude I know was on leave back in 2005. He had (he may still have it?) a turbo fox body and just got new MT drag radials. His buddy thinks he needs to do a burn out in front of his shop so he does. The tires lit-up in first, boost gauge at 10psi, engine gets on the rev limiter. Like a dog chasing a cat he just has to grab second gear. Pulled second, tires dead hooked and off he went into a block wall. Amazing there were no injuries and the turbo car did not get as much damage as you would think.
On the other side of the wall was a restored 69 CJ Mach 1. The bricks in the block wall were at rest, then were acted upon by an outside force (turbo fox) and pelted the shit out of that minty CJ.
I heard it was really expensive to fix the CJ and replace the wall.
Just what I heard from this dude.

“My advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
POTENTIALLY FAST

I've got a few but the best one I was not present for, only the aftermath.

a friend of mine when I was at Ft. Bragg had a 78 Firebird with t tops, went to wrightsville beach with 3 other guys. on the way home they were all trashed, stuck the nose into a ditch at highway speed flipping the car flat on the roof frontwards (imagine that ride).
all 4 people ended up in different seats in the car from where they started. They borrowed a sawzall, cut the roof and broken windshield the rest of the way out, and drove it all the way to 35th Brigade on Ft. Bragg where they were pulled over pulling into our parking lot (I was there at the time, car looked completely normal on one side, trashed on the other). They got pulled over for not having a windshield!!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Team Geritol Racing

Originally Posted by Iraq&Roll
On the other side of the wall was a restored 69 CJ Mach 1. The bricks in the block wall were at rest, then were acted upon by an outside force (turbo fox) and pelted the shit out of that minty CJ.
Ya know, I heard that same story. As a matter of fact, I saw actual pictures of it...and the wall in question I saw in person. I bet that dude felt like an idiot.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 PM

That dude felt worser than Forrest Gump at a Black Panther Party.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM

So, since the military was brought up....

This one dude I know was on the "yard" working nights out in El Paso. One morning after work the CO needed people to participate in a 10k run. He got roped into that and it took forever for the event to get over and return to base. Then he got a few hours sleep and back on the yard. He ended up turning a new Jeep Cherokee patrol vehicle on its lid after he fell asleep at the wheel. It was NEW new and the nicest on they had. Since it was on its roof the radio did not work and the little hand radio did not have the nuts to reach back to the station. And he really had no clue where he was. Turned out he was way out on War Highway almost to McGregor Range (if you know the area).
So I heard it really sucked waiting for daylight and someone to drive by and get some help. Worse part of it all...... They jacked a months pay for the crash. 112 dollars for 7 months. That was a bunch of pizza and beer back then.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Team Geritol Racing

If this is the same "dude", I'm begiinning to think he maybe should not be in the business that he's in.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Iraq&Roll
You hear about the "war" stories. Tell us about your crash stories. Remember to entertain the reader. (Funny stories with nobody injured)

Will accept damage/carnage stories.

Can be "this one dude" stories if you don't want to admit it was yourself.

So, this one dude I know was on leave back in 2005. He had (he may still have it?) a turbo fox body and just got new MT drag radials. His buddy thinks he needs to do a burn out in front of his shop so he does. The tires lit-up in first, boost gauge at 10psi, engine gets on the rev limiter. Like a dog chasing a cat he just has to grab second gear. Pulled second, tires dead hooked and off he went into a block wall. Amazing there were no injuries and the turbo car did not get as much damage as you would think.
and i HEARD the hole in the wall was about 4 FEET up !!!! didn't know foxes could fly....

Originally Posted by Gooser
just cause you have a cowl hood on your Honda doesn't mean you can hang out here.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Flowmaster nut swinger

Hope this counts

About a couple months back heading north on US19 ( in the Mustang) . I hit the traffic light of the walker ford and 19 when a mid 90's Jeep Wrangler pulls up next to me. The radio was on in my car and the windows we're up so it took me a minute or two to realize he was trying to get my attention. I roll down the window ( mind you its fucking freezing out) and he says, "Nice car... But it would never hold up in the mud!" I laughed and didn't respond. Light goes green and he takes off, now mind you in between Eastbay and 19 has construction going on and the road is in pretty rough shape. He slows back down and he and his friends are hanging out of this jeep egging me on to race him, I roll my window back up and turn the radio back on. Just as i look up i notice the traffic in his lane is backing up and mine isn't, thinking he's going to pull some meat head bull shit and cut me off to go around me i slow down a little, I look over and they are still eye fucking my car and not looking where they are going when they rear end the back of a late 80's Taurus at about 45, the back of the Taurus explodes and the jeep rolls over on its drivers side the Taurus is pushed into my lane, i dart into far left lane, car behind me hit Taurus and not sure what happened after as i'm fat and was on my way to lunch
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun

Old 04-05-2010, 06:27 AM

Karmic tendencies of a mud bogger.... It's a bitch.

Hell fire Billy-Rae, you just need them locking front hubs is all.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Still CREEPIN

No Mudstain story here, but i did know this one dude that bought this '87 Trans Am with a hillbilly swapped LT1 in it from Plant Chity. Well he's cruising with the t-tops off and has his buddy with him and there going to a F-Body inc. Meet in Tampa. So there crusing down 674 by the 240A exit on S i75 when this brand new ('07) G35 pulls up next to him at the light. Well they take off and there doing about 115mph when they run into traffic. The G35 slammed on brakes and the Trans Am driver seen an opening and took it. Well when he cut into the opening, blinker on and all, the driver behind him in a punkass Ferd floored it and caught the driver side rear and sent him and his buddy over the median. Well a cop watched it all and slapped handcuffs on the driver of the Mullet mobile for reckless driving, felony speeding, endangering lives, along with a few other charges. Well on the police report the driver seen, as stated "The Firebird jumped the median "Bandit style" after impact with the F-150 and was high enough to clear a stop sign. After landing the Firebird blew the drivers side front tire and bounced back up and hit Mrs. Garcia's minivan and skidded down the side of it."

I felt bad for that guy because they snatched his liscence and everything. From what I understand the police officer seen the truck speed up and gave him a ticket for 52 in a 45. Sucked to be that Trans Am driver that day.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Last edited by Stealth Mode; 04-05-2010 at 03:10 PM.