The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

What do you guys think a Saleen s281 replica could sell for?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think a Saleen s281 replica could sell for?

I'm lookin at a 2001 gt 5sp, silver with black leather, 46k miles, full Saleen aero kit, eibach prokit, some sort of exhaust, I think cobra r 18" wheels, cold air intake and maybe other stuff. A stock gt looks like it books for $9000ish. Could a car like this pull a little more money or is there no real market for it?

I figured I'd ask here since you guys should have a better idea on what to expect.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Team Geritol Racing

Welllll, real Saleens don't impress me in the least so a fake one would be even worse. I'd knock that $9K down to $7.5K for misplaced aspirations by thr PO.

But that's just me. In the real world, something is worth what the seller is willing to take for it and what the buyer is willing to give for it. What the rest of us think doesn't really matter.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:02 PM

So it's worth less than a bone stock gt? Is that what I'm gathering?

I understand it's only worth what the market will bear (what someone is willing to pay). I was just trying to guage what people in the circle would expect. Call it a market prospectus, that's all. Not asking what anyone Personally would pay. I wouldn't pay any amount of good money for one but that's only because I don't appreciate mustangs as much as mustang enthusiasts. As such, I don't have the experience to even try to put a number on one or know what to pay.

Thanks for the input, btw.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Its worth what ever your willing to pay for it.
Unless it has a supercharger and suspension it is just a modded GT with a body kit and not worth much more. A 2001 Saleen clone with low mileage (Under 25k) is worth about $9k. Anything over 60k mileage and its not worth the dirt its parked on. $5500 tops. Thats for a private sale. Dealers will triple that and always try to cash in on stupidity.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"
Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hurstmeister
Its worth what ever your willing to pay for it.
Unless it has a supercharger and suspension it is just a modded GT with a body kit and not worth much more. A 2001 Saleen clone with low mileage (Under 25k) is worth about $9k. Anything over 60k mileage and its not worth the dirt its parked on. $5500 tops. Thats for a private sale. Dealers will triple that and always try to cash in on stupidity.

Hurst

Gotcha. That's what I told the current owner. He was Offering it to me like it was a real saleen and I asked him for pics of the serial plates. Then he said it's not real, just a saleen kit and wheels. All that is, to me, is just a gt with a body kit,rims and a few parts bolted on it. The idea of picking it up and putting some terminator parts on it, primarily the blower, popped in my head. But then I'd be spending good money after bad just trying to get equity out of it and I'd be upside down before I even start....
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Made Of Scars

Originally Posted by flubyux2
Gotcha. That's what I told the current owner. He was Offering it to me like it was a real saleen and I asked him for pics of the serial plates. Then he said it's not real, just a saleen kit and wheels. All that is, to me, is just a gt with a body kit,rims and a few parts bolted on it. The idea of picking it up and putting some terminator parts on it, primarily the blower, popped in my head. But then I'd be spending good money after bad just trying to get equity out of it and I'd be upside down before I even start....
fwiw, there are some cobras out there for that or less. A few more thousand and you could have a termi
Old 11-17-2009, 08:31 AM

Yeah. That is true. There are plenty of cobras. I have t priced the termnators lately but I take it that you mean mid-teens price range?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 AM

Guy on N2S just bought a clean 03 with 65k on the odometer for $14k.

Night and day difference between a 2v GT Saleen clone and Terminator. The experience could be compared to a stock Supra vs a BPU+ Supra.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"