The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

I need some help fellas

Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 PM
One Sick Saleen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help fellas

Ok I have a friend who wants to sell me a 331 short block, but we cant come up with a price......so I am reaching out to you guys as a neutral advisor to see what would be a fair price in the market today.

This is what he has:

331 stroker short block
eagle kit
forged I beams
forged crank
forged aluminum pistons
main girdle
windage tray
arp bolts and studs
harmonic balancer
billet flywheel
balanced and blueprinted
ford racing x cam
has about 5000 miles on it and they were a little rough I know this guy very well. The motor has been sitting in the car for a while and he starts it every couple of weeks. so let me know what you guys think. Input is very important on this and I thank you in advance........
Old 08-08-2009, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by sicksaleen94
Ok I have a friend who wants to sell me a 331 short block, but we cant come up with a price......so I am reaching out to you guys as a neutral advisor to see what would be a fair price in the market today.

This is what he has:

331 stroker short block
eagle kit
forged I beams
forged crank
forged aluminum pistons
main girdle
windage tray
arp bolts and studs
harmonic balancer
billet flywheel
balanced and blueprinted
ford racing x cam
has about 5000 miles on it and they were a little rough I know this guy very well. The motor has been sitting in the car for a while and he starts it every couple of weeks. so let me know what you guys think. Input is very important on this and I thank you in advance........

Stock block?

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
With the right heads a stock 302 short block can make enough hp to split the block. Other then Forged pistons,.. Forged rods and cranks are over rated in a stock block IMO. You can buy a cast stroker crank pretty cheap these days.

I have a tendency to insult people when making offers on used parts.

I'd offer $500 - $600. He probably has more then that in just machine work,.. but,.. your buying used so your taking a risk as well.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"
Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 AM

Jim, thats is kinda insulting lol. Generally you get about half back. You can buy new shortblocks from various sites for around 2200. You cant really build 1 for any cheaper with those parts. I would say its probably worth 1000-1100$. I would do a compression check, and look for any signs of excess blow-by ( oil in the intake, coming out of the breathers, ect....

What kind of ballancer/flywheel is on it? since its been ballanced?

Sn95' Tripple Black Cobra
Mods:Heads/Cam/Intake/Exhaust...just your typical stock mustang...
Old 08-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Bondsman

I sold a fresh 306 on here balanced with forged high comp pistons for $1000
Old 08-08-2009, 04:55 AM

i bought my 347 that has a ford motorsports sportsman block,eagle forged crank,h-beams,probe pistons,600 inch lift comp cams,lifters, sfi balancer and flexplate,hv oil pump, for $1500.00.... and it only had 5 passes on it..

Originally Posted by Gooser
just cause you have a cowl hood on your Honda doesn't mean you can hang out here.