The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Train Horns, like em or hate em?

Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAMF
The horns can usually be placed on the front frame rails just behind the front tire - you know, the rail that the motor mounts to. The compressor, well, that kinda varies by bike. In fact, the entire mounting solution varies from bike to bike, but there are plenty of bikes out there that can put bit honkin air horns on 'em.
what the fuck did you actually say?? nada.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by shinysideup
what the fuck did you actually say?? nada.
wat

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by BAMF
The horns can usually be placed on the front frame rails just behind the front tire - you know, the rail that the motor mounts to. The compressor, well, that kinda varies by bike. In fact, the entire mounting solution varies from bike to bike, but there are plenty of bikes out there that can put bit honkin air horns on 'em.
real train horns weight like a hundred fucking lbs and the horns long trumpet is an easy 2ft long

are u talking about shitty plastic air horns or chrome pieces of shit?? Hell even the shit they sell as train horns on theese fucking websites arent REAL train horns. yes they might sound like them and be loud but when u hear them next to REAL ones with an in bed compressor its a whole different world
Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 PM
has his prioritys ef'd up

Originally Posted by Badlatitude
real train horns weight like a hundred fucking lbs and the horns long trumpet is an easy 2ft long

are u talking about shitty plastic air horns or chrome pieces of shit?? Hell even the shit they sell as train horns on theese fucking websites arent REAL train horns. yes they might sound like them and be loud but when u hear them next to REAL ones with an in bed compressor its a whole different world
You are refering to the Nathan or Leslie Horns. And yeah, they do weigh a lot. But they are also made out of cast iron. And yep, the KL5 horns are loud. But dont fret, if you want to the Nathan or Leslie train horn setups, they will set you back about an easy 1500.00. And thats complete with compressor, tank, lines and electronics.
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by Badlatitude

Well, yeah, but that shit ain't going on two wheels so you kinda gotta make do.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 PM

Default Hell yea

I look at it this way. Six years ago riverview was a small nice town. Now it is overrun with ass holes that have all moved here. Before then no one would pull out in front of anyone and drive slow and flip you off when you got on their bumper. So now I just hit the horn and the dumb asses pull over. I would prefer a hood cannon but that would not be legal. So the train horn was the next best thing. I never do it at night at home cause I have respect for our neighbors but on the road it is on. Cut us off and get ready to have your teeth rattle.

Originally Posted by BigDawg
I take it you have a set Ray, and you love them. Good stuff.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:08 AM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

You are refering to the Nathan or Leslie Horns. And yeah, they do weigh a lot. But they are also made out of cast iron. And yep, the KL5 horns are loud. But dont fret, if you want to the Nathan or Leslie train horn setups, they will set you back about an easy 1500.00. And thats complete with compressor, tank, lines and electronics.
im pretty sure the ones my buddy put under his truck has is machined aluminum. When I talk to him Ill ask him
Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Whos the douchbag in that scenario?
The fucktard who just blasted me with a train horn.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Back again...

wonderful
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
tampa car scene

Originally Posted by riverviewnative
I look at it this way. Six years ago riverview was a small nice town. Now it is overrun with ass holes that have all moved here. Before then no one would pull out in front of anyone and drive slow and flip you off when you got on their bumper. So now I just hit the horn and the dumb asses pull over. I would prefer a hood cannon but that would not be legal. So the train horn was the next best thing. I never do it at night at home cause I have respect for our neighbors but on the road it is on. Cut us off and get ready to have your teeth rattle.
True, I'm looking at a 93 f150 and if I get it it will have the train horns installed.