The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Would You Hire Me??

Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Only Smokes Organic Weed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would You Hire Me??

If I only had 143 days of experience, Would you hire me to fix your car? Would you hire me to run your company? If I only had 143 days experience would you hire me to Run the country? Something America might want to think about.

Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

143 days -- I keep leftovers in my refrigerator longer than that. This isn't taking into account the days he has missed.

In contrast, John McCain's 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride. Think about IT!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Only Smokes Organic Weed

Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Redneck Yatchclub member

The problem is that the sheep of this country are buying his bullshit!!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 AM
Daewoo Frankenstein

...I'm not seeing your point. Every President came from VASTLY different roots, and those roots were often independent of how they served their country.

George Washington, John Adams, and many of the early presidents were farmers with limited diplomatic experience. Many of them great.

Ronald Reagan was an actor, good president.

Jimmy Carter was a farmer and a politician for 15 years, not so good president.

George W. Bush had a Yale and Harvard Education. He was governor of Texas for only 5 years (no national experience AT ALL) and look at what a miserable failure he has been.

Abraham Lincoln was one of the leading causes the country BROKE UP!

JFK was the first president elected on looks alone (read up on how they made Nixon look sickly and gaunt while JFK beamed)

Why do you think this perceived "lack of experience" would affect his ability to run the country. He's been in politics for 11 years (longer than Bush). Do you think that one day he's just going to collapse and start crying because he doesn't know what to do? Get real.

And why do you think that McCain's service in the military and imprisonment in Hanoi would make him a good president? Military service has NO BEARING on how one does during their presidency. Similarly, he's 71 years old. That's not "in his prime" that's fucking old. Should he get elected and serve two terms, he'll be 80. Is that still "in his prime"? I agree that some people can live to be 100 without any signs of mental aging, but is that a risk we could take? America does not need a feeble leader.

It may sound like I have a bias toward Obama, but I don't. I think both candidates would make crappy presidents, and I think we need a do over. I just HATE it when people make unsubstantiated claims that have no bearing in reality. Obama's limited experience and McCain's age may have NOTHING to do with how they run the presidency, but we just don't FUCKING KNOW.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 AM

I still hate Politics.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM
banana republic

Age and experience > youth and ambition

When it comes to helping to run a whole country, I would rather put my money on age and experience. So what if McCaine is old? His VP can/will take over if he has a heart attack or starts to get dimentia. Obama's running mate...who will it be? Hillary? Great....So when he gets assassinated, we STILL have to deal with a shitty pesident. No idea who McCaine's running mate will be either yet, but I would be willing to bet it won't be a woman.

As for the POW question....Well...Our military has ALWAYS been proud of the fact that we leave no one behind. Dead or alive. We bring them all home. McCaine KNOWS this from EXPERIENCE. Obama doesn't. In fact, I really am not sure that Obomer is in touch with our military and their needs at all. Yes, he just now went to Iraq to do a guided tour. Of course, he didn't get to see the really fun places where there's actually shooting going on. So he gets to see the nice things. Bullshit IMO. He is not in touch with our military's needs. I think that he will reduce our military size and make the country weaker in a time when we need a larger military.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Oooh, I see what you did there, you know...the word twisting and such.

Lets try this again.

Would you hire me to fix your car's water pump if I'd fixed 143 of them before? Would you hire me to rewire your computer if I've rewired 143 of them before? Would you hire me to fuck your wife if I've fucked 143 of them before?

Obama has been a senator and WORKED as a senator lots more than 143 days. You goddamn conservatives and your crackpot logic.

BTW, experience does not = quality. Look at Dick Cheney? His resume is a fucking mile long and all he has done is shoot someone in the face and take part in shady, underhanded deals. That guy is abysmal; possibly worse than Bush. Thank god hes only the VP.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 AM
banana republic

Well, I never thought I would say it, but Rush is right! Excerpt Of The Day: Limbaugh On Obama's Inexperience - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views) If he flip-flops anymore, he'll be mistaken for a fish out of water.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Thread TERRORIST

*twitch* Rush Limbaugh...C'mon.......C'mon........C'MON.

Why'd you have to go bringing that fat peice of shit's name in here? That buy is a bigger windbag than Bill O'Riley.

Sure, he might be right, but I still can't stand that guy.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
banana republic

I can't either....which is why I said "I never thought I'de be saying this...." I hate him and I hate it when he actually IS right.