The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

17's @ front & 18's @ back?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Vec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakinIt
Ok, so if you know, what would the width have to do with feeling bumps?

"Will probably go with 255 in the front, being I'd prefer not to feel every indentation in the road"
First off, all I said was that I know the difference between width and sidewall height. Second, the reason I made that comment is because I heard from other sites that a lot of people found themselves disappointed in going larger than 255 for the front for that reason. Not to mention their claims of hydroplaning more often. If their comments don't make sense I'm all ears as to why.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:18 PM
The sig nazi's bitch...

Originally Posted by Vec
First off, all I said was that I know the difference between width and sidewall height. Second, the reason I made that comment is because I heard from other sites that a lot of people found themselves disappointed in going larger than 255 for the front for that reason. Not to mention their claims of hydroplaning more often. If their comments don't make sense I'm all ears as to why.
Look, I was just trying to help out, as it seemed like you were confusing two things, no need for 'tude...

I fail to see how your tire being a little wider would cause you to feel more bumps....it's your sidewall height that is going to affect the cusioning....and your suspension of course...

I have a 265/35/18 on the front and have a pretty smooth ride (for a Mustang) personally and did not notice and difference between that and the stockers....

Nor have I ever hydroplaned....I would say that has to do with your tread....I have Nitto 555s and have never had an issue at all. Of couse if you go really wide in back and get drag radials, you definetly will...I have 285/35/18 in back (555s as well) and do just fine.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, 6M, Brembos, nav and HIDs
Flowmaster catbacks, K&N drop in, for now!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Vec

Originally Posted by ShakinIt
Look, I was just trying to help out, as it seemed like you were confusing two things, no need for 'tude...

I fail to see how your tire being a little wider would cause you to feel more bumps....it's your sidewall height that is going to affect the cusioning....and your suspension of course...

I have a 265/35/18 on the front and have a pretty smooth ride (for a Mustang) personally and did not notice and difference between that and the stockers....

Nor have I ever hydroplaned....I would say that has to do with your tread....I have Nitto 555s and have never had an issue at all. Of couse if you go really wide in back and get drag radials, you definetly will...I have 285/35/18 in back (555s as well) and do just fine.
Sorry seemed like I was getting some. Clearly a minor misunderstanding. My apologies.

To be honest I was initially considering going with some BFG drag's though I keep forgetting I live in FL ... the most random f'in weather state in the country. Probably wouldn't be the greatest of ideas lol.

Know of any half way decent dd tires with a better than average traction rating?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
The sig nazi's bitch...

No way I would have DRs as DD tires....

I have Nitto 555s front and back and love them...smooth ride, they have held up well, great traction and feel really great in the rain.....

Old 07-22-2008, 03:44 PM
has his own parking spot

Vec your ride is badass brother
Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Ballin Beretta

i dont about you guys but black rims on a mustang is not my cup of tea.....CROME FTW
Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Vec

chrome is too flashy for my taste ... polished is as glossy as I'd get lol

- ty for the compliment btw ^^
Old 07-22-2008, 08:01 PM
The sig nazi's bitch...

Originally Posted by Mafiakiller
i dont about you guys but black rims on a mustang is not my cup of tea.....CROME FTW