The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Hood Pins, I知 a believer

Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Pins, I知 a believer

So yesterday I decided to put some new tie rod ends on the mustang. The manual rack came with a set but because of the SN95 spindles they where a bit too shot for my taste. They only left me a half of an inch of threads, that might have been enough but it always worried me when I would drive it.

I got the new ones installed and did the alignment with a tape measure and got it as close as I could. I decided to take it for a ride. I was headed down 22nd AVE toward the mall I was surprised how close I got the alignment on the fist try. At this point I did a u-turn and headed back home, I知 still having cooling issues and I didn稚 want to get to far from home, this is when things got eventful. I haven稚 driven the car in quite some time so like we all do I decided to beat the crap out of it. I down shifted into first and got in the right lane to pass some slow cars and I hammered it! Soon as I hit 3rd the hood started wobbling crazy flew up smacked the shit out of my windshield and ripped off. It scared the living shit out of me. At this point I look in the review mirror wondering where in the fuck is my hood and I see a row of traffic stopped including the cars I blasted past a newer Allero accompanied by a lowered primered CRX in the other lane. I知 not sure how high that son of a bitch went but 5 seconds later it hasn稚 landed yet. Well the hood finally came down close the the side of the road. This must have really irritated the guy in the CRX because he gave me the burnout accompanied buy the usual ricer fly by.

I would have loved to see it from there point of view I bet they where laughing there asses off.

Besides the damage to the car the shit was hilarious. Anyone have a hood forsale?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:31 AM
brings his heater.

that sux ass
Old 05-15-2008, 04:31 AM
has his prioritys ef'd up

WOW, ya know suprisingly your cowl carnage isnt that bad. Deflate a football, jam the bitch in there and pump it up, Then buff it out . I have seen so much worse on other cars of the cowls being all f'ed up. Shit do a search on corral, damn some of those cowls are hideous.

Just an observation too, next time you paint your cowl cover you might want to remove it from the car first.
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)

Last edited by BigDawg; 05-15-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by BigDawg
Deflate a football, jam the bitch in there and pump it up
Thanks man that痴 an awesome Idea, I was going to use a jack but your idea is a lot better going to put even pressure. The roof I was going to remove the headliner and just tap it out.

Originally Posted by BigDawg
Just an observation too, next time you paint your cowl cover you might want to remove it from the car first.
One of the many gifts I got from the previous owners. I always wondered why you would take the time to mask it off with tape when all you have to do is remove it with a couple screws.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:08 AM
I can fix your bullshit

my hood locks and i still have hood pins had 5 of them do that to me never again idk how ugly they are i wont drive without them sorry to hear football or basket ball works well
Old 05-15-2008, 05:24 AM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

make sure you put a CENTER PIN in the hood .... U can see what my car looks like with hood pins and no center pin in another thread
Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Flowmaster nut swinger

That sucks....
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun

Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 AM
is made outa laffy taffy

daaaang a few of us were just talkin about our experiences with this last night at the track. That sux ass bro. i think it's like riding a motorcycle. Everyone is bound to fall at least once if they play long enough. Luckily i was 15 when my first hood flew up on my coupe.

All-American Street Car Performance
6187 126th ave north
Largo Fl 33773
727-667-9346
www.aastreetcars.com
Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 AM
brings his heater.

i used to have my fuel pressure gauge mounted to my hood. I forgot to pin it and it flew about 75 feet into the air on belcher. It ripped the hood clean off and ripped the regulator right off the strut tower.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:57 AM
lives in a glass house

that sucks. it's exactly what my car looked like when i bought it. just be glad your roof isn't black!