The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

pinks all out info

Old 02-15-2008, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinks all out info

Gainesville Raceway News: PINKS ALL OUT Event Information - Everything you need to know!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 AM

I don't like "pinks" they don't use a tree so it's the starter's opinion whether or not you left early. Not only that, what's his name is a member of PETA.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by blacksheep-1
I don't like "pinks" they don't use a tree so it's the starter's opinion whether or not you left early. Not only that, what's his name is a member of PETA.
That and I watched an interview where the guy admitted he didn't know anything at all about racing/cars when the show first started filming. He'd "learned a lot since" however...D-Bag

The show is only tolerable when recorded and then fast forwarded through, which if you watch just the races, takes about 5 minutes to watch. The best episode was when he dumped the sport bike trying to ride down to the top end of the track
Old 02-16-2008, 08:20 AM
wanna be ford guy.

well anyone who would want to race in pinks would have to have like an 11 or 12 sec. car. thants about the only thing they race. well unless if alot of are ricer join up, then they'll have a 14 15 16 or 17 sec class.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by quicksig
The best episode was when he dumped the sport bike trying to ride down to the top end of the track
Oh hell yes.. That was great.. The dumping of the bike was nothing compared to his trying to act hard after it.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Daddy-O

yah, he takes his shirt off to get cuts on his hands addressed.. was like WTF?
D-bag...
heard the same interview, he was at Barrett Jackson.. the guy is a tool..

All out is tolerable, however he wants 8-9 second cars, but has to realize that those don't always fit the format.. as they can require more prep to be safe vs. the 10 sec car...
Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM

Yea.. the whole hot lap final thing with out turning off the car I saw would not go well with a car that has a chute on the back.

I would not run a sub 9 seconds car with out a chance to look things over between races. My car & life are worth more then the tools TV show