The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Nick Hogan in Clearwater crash

Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 AM
As Seen On TV!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supposedly he was also racing the Viper earlier in the day, across one of the bridges.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 08-29-2007, 05:54 AM
it's always something

from what i've heard, his friend was driving the viper, and after the wreck, his friend raced to nicks house and told his dad.
91 ranger, 88 tc 2.3 turbo, stroked, bored, 5.5" crower connecting rods, wiseco 8.0:1 dished pistons, total seal .030 rings, fully ported iron big valve head, racer walsh turbo roller cam, bobs log, holset wh1c, fmic, full 3" exhaust. not really a whole lot left to do.
93 explorer 4x4
Old 08-29-2007, 05:56 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by TurboRanger91
from what i've heard, his friend was driving the viper, and after the wreck, his friend raced to nicks house and told his dad.
doh!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm a Photographer!

yeah his friend was driving it. from what ive seen the eyewitness have been saying, if they went to court, or were even questioned by the cops, they were racing. one lady i just heard said she was behind them at a few lights and they were lined up and revving the engines and then "took off" so that to me sounds like racing.

im 19, and ive had my days when i show an "exhibition of speed" (i got caught a month after i got my license, i WASNT racing, my stock lil civic and my friend with a swapped civic, there'd be no point but anyways) the fact of the matter is that in any even one vehicle is trying to over take another is a form of racing...and as kids they may swear by it that they werent racing, but the BULL SHIT FLAG will be raised on this one. 2 cars, $100k+ worth, close to 1500hp. my ass they didnt think about playing around cause it crossed my mind for a split second in the 2 civics...

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 AM
You can thank me later...

Originally Posted by Ford DNA
Scott, I keep checking the last page for updated info on the friend. So, yeah, I don't want to see a million new threads starting, but I do want the original ones to stay..

Oh I am leaving this open, I am just kind of tired of it already because nothing new has come up and it is the same rehashed stuff for the most part.

One new nugget is the Hogans have retained some high profile defense / DUI attorney ! I guess we will see how close of a friend this kid is if he makes it at all.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 AM
As Seen On TV!

Supposedly, they had a lawyer with them the first time they went back to visit John after Nick was released. I keep seeing this "breaking news" thing about the lawyer...maybe it was unofficial until today??

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Drewster
...Maybe Hulk was racing his son in the silver Viper and seen his son crash rushed his car home (around the corner) and drove back to the scene.
No way dude - would you leave your kid in a crumpled mess of a car without knowing if he's OK? Basic parenting insticts rule
Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
92 DSM AWD

Originally Posted by freakyfast95GTS
Dodge/Mopar used the kid to get the father, but little did they know the son was a marketing nightmare.
I heard Mopar has already decided to drop nick. Has anyone else heard that? In business it is call Risk vs Reward.. With him being so young and already he has gathered a long list of tickets for his age. Its going to be hard to keep any form of racing license if he continues. And if he lost his license over this, they will pull his racing ones as well. You have to have an active state level drivers license first.

Unless im wrong here, my only experience with racing licenses came from sportbikes..
Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
As Seen On TV!

Originally Posted by JohnnyPC1
No way dude - would you leave your kid in a crumpled mess of a car without knowing if he's OK? Basic parenting insticts rule
Agreed. He would have probably crashed the Viper in a hurry to get stopped and get to him.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Goodtimes!

Originally Posted by enash99
And if he lost his license over this, they will pull his racing ones as well. You have to have an active state level drivers license first.

Unless im wrong here, my only experience with racing licenses came from sportbikes..

Not the case. Ken Gushi lost his license when he was 17 and wont get it back till he his 21(he is now 20). He got caught drifting his race car on public streets. He still was able to keep his race license.