The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Bush signs more powers into law for big brother

Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bush signs more powers into law for big brother

New law expands power to wiretap - The Boston Globe

Bush praised Congress for passing this law. He then followed up with classic fearmongering remarks such as: "to defeat the intentions of our enemies" and "to prevent attacks in the future." "Today we face a dynamic threat from enemies who understand how to use modern technology against us," he said yesterday. "Our tools to deter them must also be dynamic and flexible enough to meet the challenges they pose. This law gives our intelligence professionals this greater flexibility while closing a dangerous gap in our intelligence-gathering activities that threatened to weaken our defenses."

Disgraceful. Goddamn fearmongerer.

For those of you who have been under your hoods for the past week and don't know, this law authorizes Big Brother to spy on any of your communications, domestic or foriegn without a warrant. You will recall that when Bush pulled this before the Supreme Court and the American people looked pretty unfavorably on it.

Sounds to me like more bad news from this government. My only consolation is that when this law comes up for renewel in 4 years it will likely (especially if we end up with a Democratic president, but that is another discussion. My justification for that statement is that the yea spread for this law was something like 180(R) and 48(D) with almost all of the (D) in small, rural areas. Coincidence?) just die away quietly.

What are your thoughts on this latest move against privacy and freedoms?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by BAMF; 08-08-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
You can thank me later...

Like I said in the other thread about this.

I do not give a shit, I live a honest life so I have nothing to hide.

And to think Big Brother has the time, resources, or reason to just pop in and listen to you for whatever reason is preposterous. They do not have the man power to track all the known douche bags let alone listen to you have gay phone sex.

Don't forget the Democrats leaked the foreign spy program that concerned none of us and this brought about the need for a whole new program.

Listen away !
PM or E-mail Me If you are Looking To Buy/Sell/Rent A Home.
Special TR Bonus For Using My Services.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

my thoughts are that if you are not a fucking terrorist or doing something illegal........then you need not to worry. What I worry about is wacko left wingers that don't do a fucking thing to nip things in the bud...like your buddy Bill Clinton. When you finish going through puberty and finally start to think logically...you will see this is to fucking protect you, not to listen to you jerking off to your girlfriend on the other line.

There are very very serious plots to fucking kill any and all americans. This is fact. This shit started way back with you're useless dem Jimbo "I am a fucking peanut farmer, and can't get the hostages back" Carter.

Who fucking cares what you say on the phone??? They are profiling specific phone calls....do you think they say..."hey lets listen to vip talk to his girl"??? cmon dude....stop blaming Bush for recent history. If by any chance there is a dem elected as president. I would love to see how they are going to handle fanatical terrorist plotting against us, or GOD forbid a serious blow to us or any allies. Do you really believe having a cup of coffee with some stupid bitch from the US is going to stop their ways?? NOt... God damn I hate this kind of bullshit thread.

Last edited by ODB; 08-08-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by Uncle Pat
my thoughts are that if you are not a fucking terrorist or doiong something illegal........then you need not to worry. What I worry about is wacko left wingers that don't do a fucking thing to nip things in the bud...like your buddy Bill Clinton. When you finish going through puberty and finally start to think logically...you will see this is to fucking protect you, not to listen to you jerking off to your girlfriend on the other line.

There are very very serious plots to fucking kill any and all americans. This is fact. This shit started way back with you're useless dem Jimbo "I am a fucking peanut farmer, and can't get the hostages back" Carter.

Who fucking cares what you say on the phone??? They are profiling specific phone calls....do you think they say..."hey lets listen to vip talk to his girl"??? cmon dude....stop blaming Bush for recent history. If by any chance there is a dem elected as president. I would love to see how they are going to handle fanatical terrorist plotting against us, or GOD forbid a serious blow to us or any allies. Do you really believe having a cup of coffee with some stupid bitch from the US is going to stop their ways?? NOt... god dam I hate this kind of bullshit thread.
Few things. First off, any psychology study will agree that by 20 your sense of logic and reasoning has evolved to its final stage in life. I know what you were trying to say. Next time articulate yourself better.

Also,

So, to get this right, you don't care that this law violates the 4th amendment?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

here..........not really the same topic..but chew on this for a bit.....

this is real and on snopes.com.....terrorist are everywhere

Have you noticed how the Citgo signs have
disappeared
in the past 7-8 months? Very clever move by Chavez. But guess
what...........
CITGO IS CHANGING ITS NAME...this is serious
Americans...make sure you read ..

NEWS FLASH:

Chavez is NOW getting a Russian Weapons Factory
built
by Putin
The RUSSIANS are building an AK-47 Kalashnikov
Assault
Rifle factory in Venezuela , to give armament support to
Communist Rebel groups throughout the Americas.

Chavez NOW has IRANIANS operating his oil refineries
in Venezuela for him. It is likely only a matter of time, if not
already, before Chavez
has Iranian built LONG RANGE missiles, with a
variety
of warhead types aimed at: Guess Who?

CITGO is NOW in the process of Changing Its Name to
PETRO EXPRESS due to the loss of gasoline sales in the USA due
to
the recent publicity of ownership by Chavez of Venezuela .

Every dollar you spend with CITGO or PETRO EXPRESS
gasoline will be used against you, your basic human rights, and
your freedoms. He will start wars here in the Americas that
will
probably be the death of millions.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT because Chavez is starting to
feel the loss of revenue from his holdings. HE OWNS CITGO. This
is a very important move that everyone should be aware of.

ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY, CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT
SALES
ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM
"CITGO-CHAVEZ", HAVE STARTED TO
CHANGE THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES TO: "PETRO
EXPRESS"
DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS" EITHER!!! "PETRO
EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ."

KEEP THIS MEMO GOING SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS
HAPPENING.

BOYCOTT "CITGO" AND "PETRO EXPRESS"
Old 08-08-2007, 05:06 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by vip18971
Few things. First off, any psychology study will agree that by 20 your sense of logic and reasoning has evolved to its final stage in life. I know what you were trying to say. Next time articulate yourself better.

Also,

So, to get this right, you don't care that this law violates the 4th amendment?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

like I said.......if you are not doing anything illegal.who fucking cares!!! you're thinking too hard!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Hey Uncle PAt, let me let you in on a little insight given to me by one of your fellow aged Republicans (Chuck 98 RT/10).

If we change our lifestyle completly in order to fight these terrorists as a result of their actions, then we can't win. Because the terrorists have already accomplished their goal.

Last edited by BAMF; 08-08-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by Uncle Pat
like I said.......if you are not doing anything illegal.who fucking cares!!! you're thinking too hard!

Eh, call me crazy. But I care about our Bill of Rights because the country was founded on them. Truer Americans than you or I shed blood and lost their lives for it. And violating this sacred document is a disgrace to everything America stands for.

And what I posted earlier about Chuck saying.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Hey Uncle PAt, let me let you in on a little insight given to me by one of your fellow aged Republicans (Chuck 98 RT/10).

If we change out lifestyle completly in order to fight these terrorists, then we can't win. Because the terrorists have already accomplished their goal.
our lives will be forever changed! FACT...in a post 9-11 world we have to change the rules around. Do you really think this is targeted towards inoccent americans?? just answer that question.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
You can thank me later...

Few things. First off, any psychology study will agree that by 20 your sense of logic and reasoning has evolved to its final stage in life.

For every study you find any of us can find one that oppose it. There is no replacement for years lived and watching all of this play out. How do I know this ? In my early twenties I thought I knew everything (more than I do now ). Looking back I knew jack shit about jack shit.

Some get this new world we are in and what it is going to take to combat it. Some do not get it. So be it. But letting the media tell you how things are through their eyes is dangerous stuff. The new congress and senate does not have lower ratings then Bush for no reason. They are a sorry bunch of asshats. Even some of the Republicans there are getting stupid.

All of this undermining by mostly Democrats (not just Democrats) because of their disapproval and hatred for Bush is going to come home to roost one of these days and I hope I am far from the end result. Because at that time the rest of the people with blinders on that do not get it now are all the sudden going to realize how astray they have been led.