First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

fresh from the mid-west

Old 03-30-2011, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fresh from the mid-west

Hello TR,

Just moved in monday from kansas, but im originally from the east coast. I served a little over 8 years active duty and now it is my play time. People have told me tampa is the place to be if you're into honda tuning, or tuning on anything for that matter. I have a 2000 si that is epb and turbo charged. I am by trade a diesel mech and i am very new to these little hunks of aluminum called honda engines. I must say that for my first honda build i am very pleased and impressed how potent they can be when done correctly. I cant wait for this rain to clear up so i can head out and see some of beautiful tampa. I am also a track noob and would like to start going. any input on some of the better tracks? I look forward to meeting new people and learning even more.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Queen of the Slownessssss

Welcome!

Yea, tampa is home to alot of Hondas...most riced out but some pretty decent ones too. Any pics of your ride?
As far as the tracks, there's Sunshine (1/8th) and Bradenton (1/4th)...check out the local events section, there's always plenty going on!

In the final analysis, it was never between me and you anyway...

TR EM1 Crew member #41
Old 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM

Good deal man and ill post up pics here in a minute. It is not rice at all, actually I dumped my money where it belongs under the hood. Lol. Ya there was alot of rice in kansas city, I hated it, I would go out at night and see them by the dozen. Wings so big they could achieve orbit. But hey thats there thing not mine. I still have to get paint and some minor body work done, so its a on going project. What is the tuner scene like in terms of places to be wary of?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:26 PM

here she is. this photo was taken in lawrence Ks. i got her used and have been putting love and blood into her ever since. opinions welcome both + and -
enjoy
Old 03-31-2011, 05:14 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Nice. I lived in Johnson County KS back in the late 90s. The nice part about FL is your car can enjoy the weather year round.

Enjoy the site. And putting $ under the hood is a good thing.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 03-31-2011, 05:28 PM

thanks chi town, i actually lived in olathe for a year then out to lawrence. This harsh winter made the choice for me and i moved here with the wife and kids. cant wait to get out there and see some of the cleaner cars around.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Queen of the Slownessssss

Originally Posted by gadget
Good deal man and ill post up pics here in a minute. It is not rice at all, actually I dumped my money where it belongs under the hood. Lol. Ya there was alot of rice in kansas city, I hated it, I would go out at night and see them by the dozen. Wings so big they could achieve orbit. But hey thats there thing not mine. I still have to get paint and some minor body work done, so its a on going project. What is the tuner scene like in terms of places to be wary of?
LOL @ orbit. I feel you about the project part but it has to begin somewhere...plus nothing better than knowing you put your time and sweat into it. As far as places to stay away from, I would say mainly Causeway. Also, hope she sleeps inside cuz thiefs around here are in every corner.

In the final analysis, it was never between me and you anyway...

TR EM1 Crew member #41
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

As much as I disliked KS and really didn't enjoy going to KSU, I did like Lawernce, KS. We always went there to shop and listen to live bands. I liked the KU campus better as well.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 PM

Queen of slowness, thanks so much for the heads up. I hate that its like that these days. Nobody wants to work for what they want, so they jack you for youre stuff. But were in a fairly nice part of town, so a home invation is unlikely but still possible, what's up with this TR EM1 crew? Can any one with a EM1 join or do i have to wack someone to get in. Chi town, I loved the live music and art scene in lawrence, but I agree kansas gets to cold and there's not much of a legit import scene at all.

Last edited by gadget; 03-31-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling