First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

Used to live in FL... now just a Tourist :(

Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used to live in FL... now just a Tourist :(

Figured since I'll be back in FL for a couple weeks in March I'd join here to see what kind of stuff is going on in March. I miss car stuff a lot, in fact the list of things I miss most while deployed looks like this.

1. ?????
2. Driving/Car
3. Beer

I had moved to Cape Coral back in 2005, then joined the Army in 2007. I'm stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY for the forseeable future. 3rd BDE, 101st Airborne Division for anyone that cares. I'm actually in Afghanistan right now, leaving for "home" sometime this week. I'm going to be in FL for at least the first two weeks of March for my post deployment block leave. I haven't decided if I'm going to go to TX2k11 yet. If I don't go I'll likely stay in FL till the 25th or so of March.

On to the car, 2006 Evo IX w/ SSL

Right after I bought it, early spring of 09:

I drive it a lot. My brother still lives in Cape Coral and I visit fairly often. In Dec 09 before I deployed I drove from KY to Cape Coral, then to Key West, back to Cape Coral and finally to my Dad's in MN. Was about 3400 miles in ~15 days.

I got rid of the wing, and all external badging. It's quite amusing when people want to "test and compare" because they don't realize that it's an Evo.

Florida Keys(The park on Key Largo I think?) in mid December 09:

^I was pretty hungover, and think that's where the picture was. The night before we did a bar crawl down Duvall street. I ended up barely being able to walk, fell in the ocean ruining my phone and tearing up my hand. The next morning there was blood smeared on the wall leading to my hotel room.

It gets used too.
HPDE at BIR in MN I went to while on R&R in Sept.

^ Logged ~200 miles of track time that day. Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. Looking to do as many HPDE's as I can this year. I have no real interest in competition or Auto-X.

The shiny bits:

^Pic is from when the car was at MAPerformance in the spring time. The stainless header isn't that color anymore. The bends largely turned blue from heat after the track day. Couple other things have been changed since then too.

The car has spent most of my deployment at one shop or another in MN since that's where my family is and where it was stored.

Mods:
AMS TBE w/ no cat
AMS FMIC and LICP
AMS Mini battery
SpoolinUP COP, pretty much(exactly) a copy of SparkTech for cheap, uses the same coils.
Cosworth M2 cams, 272int/272exh
HKS RS intake-Getting replaced with the turbo change.
HKS UICP-Came with the car, Getting replaced with ETS short route when I get back
HKS SSQV BOV-Came with the car, Getting replaced with a TiAl when I get back
BlaqOps dual fuel pump hanger with twin Walbro 255's. Second pump activated via Hobbs switch.
FIC 1450cc injectors
Greddy EBC
MAPerformance O2 housing
4WSTuning SS Header
No MAF, converted to speed density.
QM Twin disk with MAPerformance flywheel
Sheptrans rebuilt transmission w/ Evo 8 3rd and 4th(taller) and everything surface treated
Sheptrans built stage 2 transfercase w/Quaife LSD front diff +options

"Ricer mods"
Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs-What can I say, they're much stickier than what it had
Centric Rotors-Same exact blanks StopTech/Brembo use for half as much
Ferodo DS2500 pads-These and the rotors stop much better than the ones that were on the car when I bought it. And suprisingly they don't squeak at all.
Dual gauge column pod w/ AEM wideband+autometer boost gauges-Reasonably important.
Pioneer head unit-Not a cheap one, iPod hookup and control makes me happy. The long trip in december with no iPod and only a handful of CDs made me want to kill myself a little bit.
ETS stainless upper radiator hose- The header is really close to the stock rubber one. I think the stainless one looks better than wrapping the rubber one with heat reflective foil.

Made 354WHP/373WTQ with 93 and a mechanical gremlin. 25psi peak, dropped to 18 by redline. The MIVEC control solenoid gave up the ghost before the E85 tune could be done or 93 tune 100%finished.

I already ordered an ETS UICP+Tial Q from Spec-Ops and a ported FP Red+SD intake from AWD. Part of my trip to FL is going to be to head to AWD to get the turbo put in and retuned for E85 and 93. Hope to get around 500whp on E85 our of the FP Red.