First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

newbie from STL

Old 09-26-2007, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie from STL

Hey whats up, my name's Nate and I'm from St. Louis. You may ask yourself "is this guy lost?". I'm coming down to Tampa for 2 weeks for job training, it will be my first time there. Well up in STL there is a sight like yours called St. Louis Street Racing.com (STL*******), I'm not a member there but am a member to stlhondas.com which is a pretty cool site full of tech, meets, ect. I love me some Hondas, but have equal respect for any other types of cars.

I'm very interested in checking out your car scene in Tampa. I see you guys have alot of meets, and I would love to go to one. The problem is I have to share a rental with God knows how many people so I might need a ride.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm really excited to have found such a cool site in Tampa. So please will some TR ambassadores please step up and help out a double newb.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Welcome to TR . enjoy the Tampa area while you are here . Some meets go pretty late so while they are sleeping grab the rental keys and head out

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 09-26-2007, 05:41 PM

Funny thing that someone from Chicago is the only person to say whats up to a guy from St Louis.

No love for a newbie?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:12 PM

the newbie forum isnt very popular, but welcome to tr
Old 09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

what is really nice is someone from the STL knows that chi town is Chicago. When I first started on TR a lot of people thought I was Azn and that chi town meant China town

good mem's

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by chi town brat
what is really nice is someone from the STL knows that chi town is Chicago. When I first started on TR a lot of people thought I was Azn and that chi town meant China town

good mem's
i thought you were asian especially with the avatar
Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Bone Stock

welcome man. where are you from in StL.. i moved down here 9 yrs ago from the bridgeton area by lambert airport..

03 Cobra Vert: Whipple, Lt's, H-pipe, SRA, 325 MT Dr's, more bolt-on's - Weekend Beater

88 Mustang Coupe: Gutted - Project
Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM

Well this thread is popular to me, I'm looking to meet some new people, I'll be down in Tampa on the Oct 7th thru the 19th. I really want to do something the 13th or 14th. So somebody hit me up.

this is not what all people from Missouri look like, just me. J/K

Chi town how did you end up in Tampa?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 00siboy
welcome man. where are you from in StL.. i moved down here 9 yrs ago from the bridgeton area by lambert airport..

I work in Earth City, yes near the land fill, I grew up in Jennings, then moved to Jeffco, then to Kirkwood, now I live in Dogtown. What are you doing the 13-14th of Oct, I'll buy you drink if you want to meet up.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by STL guy
this is not what all people from Missouri look like, just me. J/K

Chi town how did you end up in Tampa?
Married the military, moved to Ft Riley, KS, he left (aka divorced), I graduated KSU, moved to KC, KS, survived the Borg of Johnson County and escaped the collective in 2000 when I moved to Tampa.

So I am totally at the

P-Rick ... I never look at my favorite little goth girl Emily Strange as Asain and I have a lot of her things. its all good. Emily the Strange Clothing